Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/NTL and Electricity down in Finglas

Options
  • 10-08-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Has anybody elses electricity and/or UPC TV turned off at around 11:00 this evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

In Cabra atm and am noticing the lights dimming every so often. Was wondering if there was any issues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hawkeyes

Yeah our lights are dimming here in Drumcondra also.No power cuts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

yeah lights on & off dublin 2 ....SUN Storm effect maybe !

From Spaceweather.com: ''The solar eruption of August 7th might affect Earth after all. Newly-arriving data from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) show a CME heading our way with a significant Earth-directed component.''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Surely UPC being down was a result of the Power Cut and your UPC box not getting power?

We had no power for about 90 minutes from 11 or so, all the lights from the River Road to Dunsink Lane were out, even the street lights, and it looked like it stretched all the way over to at least the big church. Wellmount Road wasn't affected.

I was driving from the River Road, up the Rathoath Road towards Dunsink Lane at about 11.10, and saw two fúcking clowns on a bike, with no lights and wearing dark clothes, one giving the other a crosser. I never saw them until they were on top of me, I could have killed them, the pair of fúcking eejits. :rolleyes:

Advertisement