Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best birthday present for a new girlfriend

Options
  • 10-08-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Just wondering could anyone make any suggestions or tips for the best kind of birthday present? I recently started dating a girl that I have known for a while and well I kinda want to go beyond what is expected because she recently stood by me when some stuff was happening. her birthday is in two weeks so I have time to organise it

I know it is silly to just post this thread as surely I would know her best but any suggestions would be great. She is more mature then me and very down to earth when it comes to presents and money but I would like to "wow" her (without scaring her away) if you know what I mean.:)

Anyways, boards.ie has been a great help to me lately so I thought I would pose this question so any recommendations are greatly appreciated!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Birthday presents are all about trying to find out what a person will like best (duh, i know lol)

be sneaky ;)
    hint in a round about way what she likes... or better yet, on your next date go by shops. Particularly by shops that she has interest in. Stop and say "oh thats nice" ... (point at anything) .. see what she points out.

Either way, be sneaky (muha) it'll make it more of a suprise. Just drop things into conversations ;)

* lighterguy being sneaky with girls since 1985 * lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Take her for a picnic, if she's into that sorta thing with whole wicker basket, checkered blanket and candles thing. Pick a place with lovely views such as a lake or waterfall or beach or meadow (depending on where you live).

I think a well thought out present is better than a really expensive one.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miss Mimsy

Well from a female perspective I think that Jewelry is the way to go. Personally though the more expensive the present the more I like it ;)

You can never go wrong with Manolo Blahnik shoes either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonkeyBone

LighterGuy wrote: »

be sneaky ;)
    hint in a round about way what she likes... or better yet, on your next date go by shops. Particularly by shops that she has interest in. Stop and say "oh thats nice" ... (point at anything) .. see what she points out.

Either way, be sneaky (muha) it'll make it more of a suprise. Just drop things into conversations ;)

Your advice worked a treat and I got more then a few ideas :) thanks a million dude

From our conversations though I think she would love to go to the all Ireland hurling final (being a Kilkenny lass I think it's a given that they will be there) so I have to price tickets. I may feel the need to wear the opposing teams jersey on the day though lol :rolleyes: :P

Advertisement