Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to Eccles Street?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have to get to a doctors appointment in Eccles Street,Dublin 7 on Thursday afternoon and I'm not too sure how to get there.

Are there any buses that go there/near there or would I be better off walking once I get into town?I don't know my way around the north-side at all so apologies in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

121 stops there. Also if you got a bus to Parnell Sq it's a 10 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

The 121 bus goes down Eccles Street, you can get this on O Connell st.
    It's just off Dorset st, it turns at the temple pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Basically as the lads have told you its about ten minute's walk from the top of O'Connell Street.

If you're still unsure just type 'Eccles Street, Dublin' into Google Maps and it will show you exactly where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Quite a lot of northside buses will drop you right by Eccles street, since it's between two busy routes into town, so you can get the 10, the 16/16a, the 13/13a, the 11/11A, any of the 41s, the 120, 121, or 122 and get off at either Dorset street, Berkeley street or Eccles street

The Mater Hospital is surrounded by Eccles street, Berkeley street and the north Circular road, and the Mater Private is on the corner of Eccles street and Dorset street, so they're pretty good landmarks to look for if you're getting the bus.

Advertisement