Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a pass?

Options
  • 11-08-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Arts Student Here.

I know this has been asked a million times, but I really do need to know what percentage a C3 is. I have two repeats upcoming.
    Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

it varies from department to department but ushualy it is 40% but it can varie +or- 10%

best of luck in your exams

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Also depends on your QCA; you can get a D [compensatory fail] and 'pass' in the sense that grades in the rest of your subjects pull you up above a 2.0 QCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

cson wrote: »
    Also depends on your QCA; you can get a D [compensatory fail] and 'pass' in the sense that grades in the rest of your subjects pull you up above a 2.0 QCA.

Well I need to get 2 C3s to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

C3s are pretty easy to get (generally). Are the subjects you're repeating difficult? As in, do you feel utterly lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Mr. K wrote: »
    C3s are pretty easy to get (generally). Are the subjects you're repeating difficult? As in, do you feel utterly lost?

Fine for one, the other - oh God...

• Advertisement
Advertisement