Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where's all this talk of College been a non stop party

Comments

• prinz wrote: »
    Why do you assume people who lived it up at college 'coasted their way' through it. Work hard, party hard. They can be balanced. As for ability to enjoy yourself socially there's no contest. If I wanted to skip a lecture to go for a pint I could for example. If I wanted to do x hours of study a day I could sleep in and do them in the evening, or get up early do them inthe morning and have the evening off.

Again, nobody denied there were exceptions to the rule, but for most people work is a poor second.

For the billionth time, it depends on the course. If I'd 'partied hard' this year, I'd have failed. Plenty of people who only went out once or twice a week are coming out with D's and E's. I had a one week holiday arranged this year and I had to cancel it because I couldn't afford the time off. I've had one day breaks here and there over the summer. There are very few jobs which don't give you 2 weeks holiday a year and very few jobs where you don't get two full days off every week, usually together.

Again, for the umpteenth time, I am well aware that some/most people don't have that much to do during college, especially if they have the luxury of not working. I gave MY opinion, based on MY experience and got insulted for it. Go back and read the post.
    Well, lucky you? :confused:

You're just not getting my point at all. I am well aware some people have really demanding jobs and find work much harder than college. Why can't those people understand that for other people, it's the opposite?

• drkpower wrote: »
    It really is about perception - your list includes none of the obligations & responsibilities that are part and parcel of working life. Why is that? Heres another list which actually reflects what most serious jobs are about. If you dont have (or arent going to get) a serious job, then perhaps my list is not relevent to you (of course, that would beg the queston of why you went to college to do an under-grad and a post-graduate degree.......:eek:).

College
    Self-learning
    No responsibility (other than to yourself)
    Most of the things due today, can probably be done tomorrow
    No expectations, until exams maybe twice a year and the odd assignment
    Nooone cares what you look like or if you honk of booze

vs

Work
    Responsibility to others; often, their workload depends on yours
    Responsibility to employer & clients/customers
    Usually things need to be done when they need to be done
    Working past regular 9-5 is often expected/thinking about ongoing issues after 5 frequent
    Continual expectations
    Appearances important

I've had plenty of serious jobs and believe me, you won't get a much more serious workplace than the one I'll be going into. Again, you're giving YOUR experience of college. Your points about working could easily be applied to what I'm doing right now. I'm doing more group work than I ever have in a workplace. The only one I'll give you is appearance is less important right now, but really, who cares? Is it that much effort to look presentable? Also, it's sometimes possible to put things off if you have to, but they still need to be done. Tomorrow I've a 3 hour hospital appointment but all that means is I'll have to work 3 hours later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

You're just not getting my point at all. I am well aware some people have really demanding jobs and find work much harder than college. Why can't those people understand that for other people, it's the opposite?

No problem understanding that whatsoever. IMO it doesn't apply to the majority of people.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Again, for the umpteenth time, I am well aware that some/most people don't have that much to do during college

Am I right in thinking that you don't understand the term 'general rule' in that case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

I've had plenty of serious jobs and believe me, you won't get a much more serious workplace than the one I'll be going into..

Yet when you form a list of pros & cons of working v college, the most pnerous description of your job is: 'Working day of 9-5'......:rolleyes: No reference to how 'serious' it is; no reference to its responsibilities; why is that?
    Again, you're giving YOUR experience of college. Your points about working could easily be applied to what I'm doing right now.

No; Im giving my view as to what the usual/general experience of college is. That is what I am doing and what I have been doing. As I and others have said, you may be doing a course which is more demanding than the norm.

Of course, as college is a preparatory to a lifetime in the workplace, it would seem highly unusual that the responsibilities and obligations in college would exceed those in the workplace it is preparing you for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

For the science degree now in NUIG your final degree result is based on your 2nd, 3rd and 4th year marks..........5% of 2nd year, 15% of 3rd year and 80% of 4th year.........

You'd most likely need to be working fairly much from 2nd year to accumulate the marks to end up with a 1.1 unless you can pull together a spectacular 4th year result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No way. Always thought it was either 3rd, 4th year or just 4th year alone. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

I live at home (about 30miles from CIT) , can't find a job because of my location, and im entering into my 5th year of undergrad,( ladder system, never repeated an exam, let alone a year).

I did Funk all for the first two years and passed, did have a job both those years and had about 25-30 hours a week college. I wouldn't say I partied constantly, the whole living far away thing was to blame, but I did do the bollix alot!

I would say that if I carried on the way I did in college (even when I matured and knuckled down) id be jobless,loveless and probably homeless! :p

The course is mechanical engineering and it's VERY intense with reports,projects,labs and workshop etc.

So basically it is possible to party in college, I wouldn't say we reach the highs/lows of american college goers but then again we're all going out getting locked for a few years before we hit college.

This means im "+1"ing prinz cos the only person who really suffers if you funk up in college is you, in work, ANY line of work,:pac: theres a number of people let down. Unless your self employed with no family.

• Am I right in thinking that you don't understand the term 'general rule' in that case?

Considering that no study has ever been done, there is no general rule. Yes, I know a lot of people who did Mickey Mouse courses and ended up with 2:1'degrees' for studying 10 hours a week, I also know a lot of people who worked their asses off. You might say the former is the 'norm', while personally, I know more of the latter.

You're also not considering how many hours students have to work - a lot of people I know just had no time for the pub or going out. I remember in 4th year, someone asked if anyone wanted to go for a pint after a lecture and a good 3/4 of the class responded, 'sorry, I'm working'. Perhaps that's typical, perhaps it isn't. I'm always hearing how students have endless free time and plenty of money to go out all the time. In my experience, only the rich/lazy ones fit into that category. The rich ones could party while the rest of us worked and the lazy ones came out with bad degrees.
    drkpower wrote: »
    Yet when you form a list of pros & cons of working v college, the worst your job is describes as is 'Working day of 9-5'......:rolleyes: No reference to how 'serious' it is; no reference to its responsibilities; why is that?

It's really not that different to what I'm doing now, except I'll be paid much more and I won't have to have two other jobs on the side. There will be very little work to take home, if I'm productive during the day. I'll be working in a team, as I often do now and any required travel is compensated. I'll have weekends off, so I can go out on a Friday night and have a lie-in the next morning. I can go away for weekend breaks or go home for the weekend.

I don't know why you have this rigid idea of what a 'serious job' entails and think overtime is normal. Every job is different and I've hardly ever had to do overtime beyond the odd hour here and there. What do you do?
    Of course, as college is a preparatory to a lifetime in the workplace, it would seem highly unusual that the responsibilities and obligations in college would exceed those in the workplace it is preparing you for.

Why unusual? As I've said, college is often much more than just the academic course.

Considering that no study has ever been done, there is no general rule. Yes, I know a lot of people who did Mickey Mouse courses and ended up with 2:1'degrees' for studying 10 hours a week, I also know a lot of people who worked their asses off. You might say the former is the 'norm', while personally, I know more of the latter.

You're also not considering how many hours students have to work - a lot of people I know just had no time for the pub or going out. I remember in 4th year, someone asked if anyone wanted to go for a pint after a lecture and a good 3/4 of the class responded, 'sorry, I'm working'. Perhaps that's typical, perhaps it isn't. I'm always hearing how students have endless free time and plenty of money to go out all the time. In my experience, only the rich/lazy ones fit into that category. The rich ones could party while the rest of us worked and the lazy ones came out with bad degrees.

That confirms my suspicions, thanks.

• Advertisement

I live at home (about 30miles from CIT) , can't find a job because of my location, and im entering into my 5th year of undergrad,( ladder system, never repeated an exam, let alone a year).

I did Funk all for the first two years and passed, did have a job both those years and had about 25-30 hours a week college. I wouldn't say I partied constantly, the whole living far away thing was to blame, but I did do the bollix alot!

I would say that if I carried on the way I did in college (even when I matured and knuckled down) id be jobless,loveless and probably homeless! :p

The course is mechanical engineering and it's VERY intense with reports,projects,labs and workshop etc.

So basically it is possible to party in college, I wouldn't say we reach the highs/lows of american college goers but then again we're all going out getting locked for a few years before we hit college.

This means im "+1"ing prinz cos the only person who really suffers if you funk up in college is you, in work, ANY line of work,:pac: theres a number of people let down. Unless your self employed with no family.

I had a feeling your were in cork! ;)

I really knuckled down when I went to college. Proabably worked too hard for my own good!

• That confirms my suspicions, thanks.

Yes, it's a general rule because you happen to think so. That's exactly what it is.

No way. Always thought it was either 3rd, 4th year or just 4th year alone. :confused:

Nope, I'm a mature student who's headed into 3rd year and as far as I know it was just introduced 2 years ago. Doesn't bother me as I'm not out partying as am married with 4 kids and am a worrier over exams naturally but I can imagine the partying will come back to haunt many of the younger students later when they try for masters etc.......:(

I worked like a demon all year and got an overall 71.50 in the summer exams and am starting to get well nervous about the work involved to keep the same grades for next summers exams. I even gave my prepared exam essays (about 40 essays in total) to 2 of the young students to help them out for repeats which were on last Wednesday. I was quite suprised to see on Facebook that the 2 of them had been out partying and warped on whiskey on the Saturday night before the exam:eek:.....

They seem to have no fear or cop on, I honestly don't know which!!:confused:

You're also not considering how many hours students have to work - a lot of people I know just had no time for the pub or going out. I remember in 4th year, someone asked if anyone wanted to go for a pint after a lecture and a good 3/4 of the class responded, 'sorry, I'm working'. Perhaps that's typical, perhaps it isn't. I'm always hearing how students have endless free time and plenty of money to go out all the time. In my experience, only the rich/lazy ones fit into that category. The rich ones could party while the rest of us worked and the lazy ones came out with bad degrees..

Ouch. Want some salt and vinegar? First you mention about there being no general rule -thereby writing off the many people who have given opinions based on personal experiences, then you go on with ridiculous generalisations of your own based on personal experience.

I was neither rich nor lazy tyvm.:rolleyes: I also worked, part-time during the academic year and my ass off every summer, saving every penny so I could enjoy myself when I got back to college.

I had a feeling your were in cork! ;)

I really knuckled down when I went to college. Proabably worked too hard for my own good!

Your spreading this across two threads!?:eek:

Badass.......trés badass!:cool:

Yes, it's a general rule because you happen to think so. That's exactly what it is.

You said you happened to think so yourself in the post I quoted. Honestly, I know you like nothing better than a good verbal scrap but when you start arguing with yourself it's a bit of a lost cause.

Ouch. Want some salt and vinegar? First you mention about there being no general rule -thereby writing off the many people who have given opinions based on personal experiences, then you go on with ridiculous generalisations of your own based on personal experience.

I was neither rich nor lazy tyvm.:rolleyes: I also worked, part-time during the academic year and my ass off every summer, saving every penny so I could enjoy myself when I got back to college.

And were you on my course? If not, how exactly am I referring to you? I said the people I knew who partied loads of either rich or lazy. Fact. Point out where I'm generalizing, please. I'm stating what I observed in my class in college and the people I've known over the last few years. So where exactly are these assumptions and generalizations?

Nope, I'm a mature student who's headed into 3rd year and as far as I know it was just introduced 2 years ago. Doesn't bother me as I'm not out partying as am married with 4 kids and am a worrier over exams naturally but I can imagine the partying will come back to haunt many of the younger students later when they try for masters etc.......:(

I worked like a demon all year and got an overall 71.50 in the summer exams and am starting to get well nervous about the work involved to keep the same grades for next summers exams. I even gave my prepared exam essays (about 40 essays in total) to 2 of the young students to help them out for repeats which were on last Wednesday. I was quite suprised to see on Facebook that the 2 of them had been out partying and warped on whiskey on the Saturday night before the exam:eek:.....

They seem to have no fear or cop on, I honestly don't know which!!:confused:

ya never understood why people did that! how they did that at all and be able to sit an exam with a clear head at all!? I tended to give up the drink at least a month before the major exams the end of the year and it always came in my favour! I wouldn't mind going out say when assignments are due but when it came to class CA tests I never touched a drop of drink too close to the time maybe a week before maximum!
    Rarely the weekend before unless it was a wedding or special occasion but tried not to drink too much so I wouldnt have to deal with a hangover. Once ever I went to a wedding at a weekend and passed all my CA's except didn't do too well in the first one two days after the wedding, I blame the drink! I did brilliant in the rest of them! ;)
    Your spreading this across two threads!?:eek:

Badass.......trés badass!:cool:

I know I'm great like that! Great long term memory! :D

I know I'm great like that! Great long term memory! :D

If you really had a great long-term memory you wouldn't need to revise in the week before exams ;)

• Advertisement

And were you on my course? If not, how exactly am I referring to you? I said the people I knew who partied loads of either rich or lazy. Fact. Point out where I'm generalizing, please. I'm stating what I observed in my class in college and the people I've known over the last few years. So where exactly are these assumptions and generalizations?

Forgive me but your posts are steeped in insinuations about Mickey Mouse degrees, degree grade levels, etc.
    I'm always hearing how students have endless free time and plenty of money to go out all the time. In my experience, only the rich/lazy ones fit into that category.

Any mention of this being confined to your course alone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I just finished my first year in college, and from what I can see it is no different than anything else in that the experience is what you make it. If you want to be somebody who spends all their time and money drinking and "partying" then the opportunities to do so are there. There are also opportunities to develop yourself in a wide range of capacities. The whole constant drinking and sexuality thing is pushed, particularly by societies, who want to match up with the incoming students' expectations in order to gain members, but there is no real substance to it. I found that it wasn't inherent in the college experience or the natures of those who partook in it, it had a sort of idiotic forced feel to it. The "myth" seems to be a self perpetuating one, as people expect college life to be a debauch one, they seek such things out purposefully. I found that side of college boring and basically pathetic, so I removed myself from it early doors, and found that the real benefits of college were much more varied, valuable and enjoyable than "tins with the lads".

If you really had a great long-term memory you wouldn't need to revise in the week before exams ;)

Well, the thing is I start my study before anyone else does! I know a swot that what helps with my long term memory keep looking back over stuff until it comes out my ears! Saying that now, stuff I did in assignments I can remember in an exam and not have looked at for months if there was a question where I could answer with an assignment I had done.

ya never understood why people did that! how they did that at all and be able to sit an exam with a clear head at all!? I tended to give up the drink at least a month before the major exams the end of the year and it always came in my favour!
    :D

Must be an age thing as there is no way that I could manage to get up and go to labs and lectures if I was out the night before.
    The youngsters in my labs would be out till 4am the night before our Friday morning lab and stink of booze:eek:.

Most of my lectures should have about 120 people in them but very rarely managed to get over 50 in them, mental. Early morning ones would usually have less than 30....

That said, the girls who had to resit the exams said that from what they could see, most of the class were repeating!!! Consequences are a biatch:)

+1 ^^^ I'm 22 and theres no bleedin way I could do any of that!

Oh and the fact that you do so well first time round puts you in favor come decision time. Like if you need a certain % to get into a special post grad.

Well thats what it's like in my anonymous college :D

Must be an age thing as there is no way that I could manage to get up and go to labs and lectures if I was out the night before.
    The youngsters in my labs would be out till 4am the night before our Friday morning lab and stink of booze:eek:.

Most of my lectures should have about 120 people in them but very rarely managed to get over 50 in them, mental. Early morning ones would usually have less than 30....

That said, the girls who had to resit the exams said that from what they could see, most of the class were repeating!!! Consequences are a biatch:)

yup, never stayed out too late when I went out during the week. I tended to only stay out late on a night if there was a day off after it or something. Tended to do most of my partying at the weekends really! More productive then by monday well kinda...

The only and ever time i managed to do that was when I was working in dublin...almost knocked me for six so tended to only do it once in a while!

• Advertisement

The thread title is really annoying me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

I think the talk can be found in the land of the Celtic Tiger, a mythical place where everyone riverdances puking into the sunset while fountains of cocaine flow beside masticked houses developed by apprentice plumbers. Around there anyway.

+1 ^^^ I'm 22 and theres no bleedin way I could do any of that!

Oh and the fact that you do so well first time round puts you in favor come decision time. Like if you need a certain % to get into a special post grad.

Well thats what it's like in my anonymous college :D
    You go to UCC or CIT?;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I also think that free education is a terrible mistake. There is absolutely no sense among any of my college peers that what they are involved in is in any way valuable, and of course it isn't, it is given to them. The low turn outs for lectures, and even lower levels of attention when people actually bother to turn up is a genuine shame, I was personally embarrassed by it on many occasions. I don't think that fees would completely solve the problem, there are many college students who sail through repeat after repeat at no personal cost due to bank rolling parents, but it may narrow down the complete wasters somewhat, and instill at least something approaching a sense of worth in the education process.

Considering that no study has ever been done, there is no general rule..
    It's really not that different to what I'm doing now, except I'll be paid much more and I won't have to have two other jobs on the side. There will be very little work to take home, if I'm productive during the day. I'll be working in a team, as I often do now and any required travel is compensated. I'll have weekends off, so I can go out on a Friday night and have a lie-in the next morning. I can go away for weekend breaks or go home for the weekend...
    I don't know why you have this rigid idea of what a 'serious job' entails and think overtime is normal. Every job is different and I've hardly ever had to do overtime beyond the odd hour here and there. What do you do?.[/

Again, you almost completely omit a reference to any responsibilities and obligations of the job itself; that is the primary reason why it is easier to booze in college than it is in work, which was the primary focus of thos discussion. Your focus is on what you dont have to do outside of work, not on what you have to do in work. If your job has no significant responsibilities and obligations, I wouldnt consider it 'serious' (in the sense of how I used the word, in the context of this discussion). As you ask, I am a medical negligence and healthcare lawyer.
    Why unusual? As I've said, college is often much more than just the academic course.

Generally, the very purpose or college is to educate to provide a certain base of knowledge so as to prepare someone for their working life. Generally, the responsibilities/obligations of any working life come and increase over time. Generally, a person has few responsibilities/obligations in their early career, and less in college. That is the general rule, but of course, i would need to have interviewed every employee/student who ever lived and to have done a study on it in order to make this assertion.:D

• Advertisement

Forgive me but your posts are steeped in insinuations about Mickey Mouse degrees, degree grade levels, etc.

Personal experience. I've given grinds for over 6 years in Ireland and the UK, I have a fairly good idea of what is required on different courses in different institutions. Some of the students were most definitely on Mickey Mouse courses. They could party all week and still pass, because all they had to do was regurgitate lecture notes. I had students who were getting A's in 'Spanish 3' (3rd year Spanish) and whose level was around A2 (post-elementary). Their assignments were things like 'write about your weekend'. I am not kidding.
    Any mention of this being confined to your course alone?
    In my experience, only the rich/lazy ones fit into that category. The rich ones could party while the rest of us worked and the lazy ones came out with bad degrees.

Combine that with my anecdote in the same post about someone asking who was up for a pint and I think it's pretty clear.

You go to UCC or CIT?;)

CIT, the GOOD one!;)

You cannot, and believe me i have tried, spell biscuit without CIT.

You come out with either bisu, or bsui:eek:

CIT, the GOOD one!;)

You cannot, and believe me i have tried, spell biscuit without CIT.

You come out with either bisu, or bsui:eek:

Ah cool. Went to ITT and UCC.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I went overboard in 1st year. UCC is just a mad place to be a student, especially living in the apartments.

The amount of crazy sh1t that goes on is unreal. Non stop partying all week every week. It went abit far though sometimes and some of us ended getting into proper drink/drug fuelled trouble.

I did so little work in 1st year I didnt even bother to attend my repeat exams.

I dont regret the year tho as it was an awesome experience.

I took a few months out to get my head together and decided on another(very similar) course. 3 Years later iv completed 6+6 months of summer work experience and got a very good degree. I decided to commute up and down from home and this worked wondered for me.

Failing 1st year was one of the biggest kicks up the hole I ever got but it worked out in the long run.

Moral of the story, drink hard, study harder:)

There is a certain category of student who simply knows how to absorb information quickly and retain it over a long period and how to seprate the genuinely useful information from the fluff. These people tend to do well in exams/assignments and have plenty of time for a social life. They're not lazy, just efficient.

Ah cool. Went to ITT and UCC.:D

You mean TIT ya!?:D I'm so so sorry :rolleyes: Postgrad in UCC?

UCC very laid back compared to IT Tralee....:o

You mean TIT ya!?:D I'm so so sorry :rolleyes: Postgrad in UCC?

Yes! thanks for the pun ha ha ha! Ya did my degree in IT Tralee and did a postgrad higher dipolma in UCC. :)

There is a certain category of student who simply knows how to absorb information quickly and retain it over a long period and how to seprate the genuinely useful information from the fluff. These people tend to do well in exams/assignments and have plenty of time for a social life. They're not lazy, just efficient.

God I wish I was one:(
    Yes! thanks for the pun ha ha ha! Ya did my degree in IT Tralee and did a postgrad higher dipolma in UCC.

Me thinks of doing something like that, IT's are great for course content but any qualification from a University just must look better on CV + having proper UCC hoodies etc!;):p

• drkpower wrote: »

Again, you almost completely omit a reference to any responsibilities and obligations of the job itself; that is the primary reason why it is easier to booze in college than it is in work, which was the primary focus of thos discussion. Your focus is on what you dont have to do outside of work, not on what you have to do in work. If your job has no significant responsibilities and obligations, I wouldnt consider it 'serious' (in the sense of how I used the word, in the context of this discussion). As you ask, I am a medical negligence and healthcare lawyer.

I didn't go into the responsibilities of my college work either, but you didn't have a problem with that, did you? I told you that my tasks and responsibilities are largely the same. As for 'significant' responsibilities and obligations, that is completely subjective. All jobs are different, they all have their own responsibilities and obligations. Out of curiosity, what type of job would you say wasn't 'serious'?

• Advertisement

Would love to do a masters though, don't know what yet or where or what college/uni to go to!? :confused:

College Rocks!;)

Circus Clown?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Circus Clown?
    ? who you refering to? who me? no....:confused::eek::o

Who the Funk said clowns weren't serious?

Circus Clown?

Comedy is serious business.

I didn't go into the responsibilities of my college work either, but you didn't have a problem with that, did you?
    I did actually; but I had a bigger problem with you not referring to obligations/responsibilities of your work. As I said from my first post, the reason why boozing is harder in work than college (aside from age:() is because of the responsibilities/obligations of work over college. It is extreley telling that throughout this discussion you have referred more to the hours you have/had in college vs work than the more important issie of the quality of the work.
    I told you that my tasks and responsibilities are largely the same. As for 'significant' responsibilities and obligations, that is completely subjective. All jobs are different, they all have their own responsibilities and obligations. Out of curiosity, what type of job would you say wasn't 'serious'?

Yes and everyone is beautiful in their own way.......;)

Non-serious jobs? Many; a binman; most mundane service jobs; yours.....

I don't think I'd fancy a clown masters would prefer the conventional IT or multimedia or internet networking/security or something! Or else something total different either related to IT or not but not Business thats for sure...

I don't think that fees would completely solve the problem, there are many college students who sail through repeat after repeat at no personal cost due to bank rolling parents, but it may narrow down the complete wasters somewhat, and instill at least something approaching a sense of worth in the education process.

It may also narrow down the people who may be perfect for college but for whom it is financially unviable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I drank a lot in college but i drink more now while working because I have money. Also, I've had a lot more casual sex since college than during it. I found the girls really conservative during college and not like you hear people talking about how they want to get laid all the time. I have found older girls more "up for it" because they are used to it i think, and its less of a big deal.

None of my friends in college or anyone i knew were shagging a different girl every weekend, like lots of people would have you believe.

Also, I don't think the people who partied the most did the worst in exams. Didn't work like that at all. Afteral 90% of study in college is done during the exams in a 2 week period. Except my fial year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement