Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tinnie tempah november 1st , the academy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Just got the tickets for him, even though I hate The Academy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

im goin cas i like the music and he's good . . . . . . . hold on why else would i go :rolleyes::rolleyes:

there is going to be some saps at it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I was working on the RBMA stage at Oxegen and he was on it , after not knowing any of his stuff i must admit he put on a great performance and has some catchy songs

thats whats good about him , he has great stage presence , hes a great performer and his lyrics are gas hahaha

He put in a great performance last night, performed just about every song from his new album along with some of his older stuff, even included his BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge Lady GaGa cover!

• Advertisement

fcukin deadly man relly good , they say hello they olla they say bajour :D:D:D:D weh hey sky boys

A V A wrote: »
    fcukin deadly man relly good , they say hello they olla they say bajour :D:D:D:D weh hey sky boys

"I bein' to Dublin but I've never bein' to Scunthorpe" :pac:

He has a great stage presence and really gets the crowd going. Think those two people were going to tear bits out of each other when he threw the t-shirt to the crowd!

Irish Independent review
    In the early noughties a new mutation of dancehall, hip-hop and garage emerged from east London called grime. It seemed destined to share the same relative obscurity of its cooler and more experimental cousin dubstep.

Dizzee Rascal and producer Calvin Harris changed all that with the smash hit 'Dance Wiv Me'. Now, pint-sized sensation Tinie Tempah is taking that baton.

Last month's debut album, titled 'Disc-overy', has taken the UK and Ireland by storm, debuting at number one and two respectively. Four anthemic singles have greatly helped his cause and he could easily be headlining a much bigger venue than this, but this initial visit is all about furthering the buzz.

Tinie doesn't disappoint, delivering his dramatic sounding, hook-laden songs about youth, love and his furtive first steps toward fame. The genre discussion is rendered somewhat redundant, as this is primarily a great pop show.

This is perfectly illustrated by a piece of VT from Kelly Rowland prefacing their duet 'Invincible'. It's an ingenious way of overcoming the problem of not being able to bring all your guests on the road and the capacity crowd rises to the occasion and sings their hearts out instead. It's a fairly ordinary song, but boasts one of those infectious unifying and empowering choruses.

But the real party bangers are the incendiary 'Pass Out' and 'Miami 2 Ibiza'. The show is superbly produced, but hits a low note with an inexplicable "cover" of 'If I Ruled the World' by Coldplay.

This hiccup aside, Tinie's future fame could well dwarf the likes of other pretenders like Dizzee Rascal.

- Eamon Sweeney

Irish Independent

Advertisement