Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The weekend of the 27th?

Options
  • 11-08-2010 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hello Boys & Girls,

A group of us (all female) are looking for some suggestions, as none of us has ever been out in the rebel city, we've decided to put this plan into motion and are set to hit your fair city on the 27th! (fri-sun)

*Quick question; besides The Kinlay House - is there any other hostels within the city (we've been researching rather I have & it's starting to hurt my brain, seeing the same expensive HOTELS pop up every time!)?

Can any of you give us a list of things to do (besides shopping!!) to top it all off, maybe a few pubs/clubs. Somewhere where the craic is flowing & won't be stereotypically judged for being a group of girls ;) [our age group is early/mid 20's]

Any gigs worth going to that weekend?
    Any assistance given will be very much so appreciated
    Thanks =]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

http://www.sheilashostel.ie/newsite/

thats a pretty reasonable hostel from what i hear and its also pretty close to town.

Before ye start drinking :P maybe ye could head down to fota wildlife park if its a nice day?

Theres plenty of good pubs around maybe old oak,bier haus,fransican well,crane lane...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Bru, Sheilas and Kinlay are the only ones in the city centre. I'd recommend Kinlay.

What kind of pubs/clubs are you looking for?

I'd second Fota if it's a nice day as well.

Edit: Fight Like Apes are on in Cyprus Avenue on the Friday, 12.50. http://www.corkgigs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Hey guys/girls,
    Booked the Kinlay House, looks decent enough & pretty central. That's perfect =]

Thank u for the links, suggestions. We don't have a car, we're taking the train & from what I've read, Fota is a bit out of the city, is there any buses that go out there? (I have no idea of Cork, please excuse my ignorance, but going to cork is like going to China for us!!!!)

Not long to go now, can't wait - thank you ALL for your help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

lisaface wrote: »
    Hey guys/girls,
    Booked the Kinlay House, looks decent enough & pretty central. That's perfect =]

Thank u for the links, suggestions. We don't have a car, we're taking the train & from what I've read, Fota is a bit out of the city, is there any buses that go out there? (I have no idea of Cork, please excuse my ignorance, but going to cork is like going to China for us!!!!)

Not long to go now, can't wait - thank you ALL for your help :D

There is a train that goes straight to Fota, its the Cobh train, you could also head down to Cobh for a few hours and check out Spike Island(havent been myself yet but supposed to be good)
    what type of music do you like? That will help with suggesting which pubs you might like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Although you are not staying there, go to Bru bar for a few drinks.

later on - Counihans (upstairs) followed by Crane lane

Advertisement