Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultegra cassette wear after first ride

• 11-08-2010 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I took my brand new beautiful bike out for it's maiden voyage on Saturday, 50km on mostly flat roads from Naas to dunlavin, blessington then back to naas. Great ride. When I started cleaning it I noticed the wear and tear on the crank, and a bit on the cassette. Now I'm no power rider, and I didn't crosschain even once as I'm pampering it while still new. Surely this is excessive wear on a brand new crank? Paranoia sets in and I suspect the bike shop sold me a shop model that had done it's fair share of test rides. Someone enlighten me!!

Pics: http://gallery.me.com/iphone/paul.magmadesign/100014#0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Err, not chain wear, profiling on the chainrings to help pick up the chain from the front derailleur - more of the same on the cassette too. You paid good money for those shorter teeth y'know!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Kildafornia

spyderski wrote: »
    Err, not chain wear, profiling on the chainrings to help pick up the chain from the front derailleur - more of the same on the cassette too. You paid good money for those shorter teeth y'know!! :-)

Jebus that's a relief! Much obliged, being a bike tech noob has it's drawbacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

You are not the first to make that mistake. Don't worry -all is as it should be.

Advertisement