Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free voicemail 3 iphones

• 11-08-2010 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭

Hi guys as most are complaining about having to pay for voicemail on 3 iPhone plans I've noticed by ringing 003538*5....... this will use ure flexible units and not bill u. try it by checking ure flexible units and out of bundle costs ring the number in above format and then recheck ure balance. Using 171 or ure number or ure number with a 5 all seems to lead to out of bundle charges.
    *=network operator 3,5,6,7,9
    .= 7 digit mobile number

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Worth a bump - might save a few users a few quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Work well thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭pah

Don't think you need to use the 00353, well I don't anyway.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67302673&postcount=295

Even better. You can actually change the default voicemail number on your iphone to ALWAYs call this number...

Just dial
    *5005*86*003538*5*******#

[you should only edit the stars in red]

then to try it out, just press the voicemail button

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Even better. You can actually change the default voicemail number on your iphone to ALWAYs call this number...

Just dial
    *5005*86*00353*5******#

then to try it out, just press the voicemail button
    Hi Finbarr - can you break that down a bit more? is the *86* the operator? That would be v handy to have working

• Advertisement

Sure. I just edited the post. You should only edit the characters in red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

corklad32 wrote: »
    Hi guys as most are complaining about having to pay for voicemail on 3 iPhone plans I've noticed by ringing 003538*5....... this will use ure flexible units and not bill u. try it by checking ure flexible units and out of bundle costs ring the number in above format and then recheck ure balance. Using 171 or ure number or ure number with a 5 all seems to lead to out of bundle charges.
    *=network operator 3,5,6,7,9
    .= 7 digit mobile number

Am confused by this: "this will use ure flexible units and not bill u" and "ure number with a 5 all seems to lead to out of bundle charges. " -can you clarify?

Cant get it working on mine. On the first red * what should that be?

culabula wrote: »
    Am confused by this: "this will use ure flexible units and not bill u" and "ure number with a 5 all seems to lead to out of bundle charges. " -can you clarify?

If you are on an iphone plan on 3 ringing voicemail using 171 or 083******* or 0835******* costs 15c per minute - a tidy sum if you ring voicemail 3 or 4 minutes a day over a month could be another €20 per month. By dialing in the above sequence it uses your flexiunits and not a separate charge.

E.g. if your phone number is 0878822345 then you should type in

*5005*86*003538758822345#

• Advertisement

Sure. I just edited the post. You should only edit the characters in red.

Tried it, but won't dial. What am I doing wrong?

Same for me won't dial but the screen blinks for a split second. Mine is jailbroken and unlocked i'm guessing yours is too finnbarr?

It doesnt give you a message (so I'd say you did it correctly)

To test, just press voicemail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

It's asking for a pin to access the service on three?

where is this pin obtained, and is it the same pin used to send txt messages online?

If you are on an iphone plan on 3 ringing voicemail using 171 or 083******* or 0835******* costs 15c per minute - a tidy sum if you ring voicemail 3 or 4 minutes a day over a month could be another €20 per month. By dialing in the above sequence it uses your flexiunits and not a separate charge.

I know this, but you appear you be contradicting yourself in your original post. You say in both instances that it leads to out of bundle charges which am sure was just an error (in your excitement :-) ).

Sorry to be unusually dim, but when you then press voicemail there is no way of knowing what exactly it's dialling -or is there?

Or may be you're right .....first two attempts pushed the bill up 30-odd cent but now the test has accrued no further costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

Kevin! wrote: »
    It's asking for a pin to access the service on three?

where is this pin obtained, and is it the same pin used to send txt messages online?

The default pin is 0000 when you set up voicemail i for some reason changed it to 1234 when i set mine up,it took me ten mins to remember i changed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

culabula wrote: »
    Sorry to be unusually dim, but when you then press voicemail there is no way of knowing what exactly it's dialling -or is there?

Thats a fair point unless it brings you through the few stages of accessing voicemail .

E.g. if your phone number is 0878822345 then you should type in

*5005*86*00353758822345#

So actually drop the 8 of 83, 85, 86, 87, 89?

• Advertisement

I can't get it working - once i do it it brings me directly to my voicemail which will charge me i guess. I would imagine it should bring me to the voicemail prompts ie input your number etc. I think this is teh only way of knowing if it's done correctly or not as there is no visual clue

I can't get it working - once i do it it brings me directly to my voicemail which will charge me i guess. I would imagine it should bring me to the voicemail prompts ie input your number etc. I think this is teh only way of knowing if it's done correctly or not as there is no visual clue

Check balance before and after is what I am doing.

Just
    T reading somewhere that if you jailbreak this won't work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

It is working all right, but when it ask me to enter pin then login is failed.
    I have tried 0000, 1234 and last 4 digit of my ph number but still failed.

Hopefully the HulloMail app will soon be available in the Irish market which will get round all this nonsense....

deep1 wrote: »
    It is working all right, but when it ask me to enter pin then login is failed.
    I have tried 0000, 1234 and last 4 digit of my ph number but still failed.

You have to set it up via 171 first and create your pin

I forgot the 8. Just fixed the above if you want to try again...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

This is great...I was going to get my voicemail switched off! Now I don't have to, Thanks. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Thanks for this !:D

• Advertisement

gartcork wrote: »
    This is great...I was going to get my voicemail switched off! Now I don't have to, Thanks. :D
    I was going to as well until i discovered it. And i don't see how they can shut it down because a person may need to lend their phone to another person so they can dial in to their own voicemail when their phone is dead!

Advertisement