Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finance (M.Sc.) from Trinity or Finance (MA) from NCI

Options
  • 11-08-2010 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am working in the financial services inductry and would like to do a masters. Both Trinity and NCI do a masters in Finance.

I am a TCD graduate so obviously biased towards them but the NCI option is much better for part time (lecture times), plus is beside where I work.

I am looking for any opionions anyone would have on part-time study in either institution?

cheers,
    TC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

I wouldn't even consider the NCI one, but then that's up to you.

Doesn't the the Trinity one operate on a part time basis i.e. in blocks and classes from 2PM. Blucey used to reply to posts around here.

Also, the part time course in DCU has a great reputation with employers. Investigate that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mono627

Hi,

I am working in the financial services inductry and would like to do a masters. Both Trinity and NCI do a masters in Finance.

I am a TCD graduate so obviously biased towards them but the NCI option is much better for part time (lecture times), plus is beside where I work.

I am looking for any opionions anyone would have on part-time study in either institution?

cheers,
    TC

Hi Tom,

I'm doing the Trinity course this year and as ixus mentioned, the lecture hours are from 3-9 Monday to Friday (you may also have to come in some Saturdays). The lecture hours are also week on week off. This is, of course, for the full-time option. I'm not sure how the lecture hours are for the part-time option.

Also, I have done a fair bit of research into the various Masters in Finance courses (and related Masters courses) in Ireland and I can safely say that the Trinity Masters would be better regarded than the NCI course.

Had a few mates in the DCU Masters in Finance and Capital Markets and they all highly recommended the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Hi,

cheers,
    TC

Check out the Institute of Bankers website. They have recently launched a few masters, and they are accredited by UCD too, I'm pretty sure.

http://www.instbank.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40&Itemid=184

Advertisement