Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

300lb SF Soldier spotted at gun show.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

interesting read :) So he is/was a MP and a SF soldier, is that possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

This guy is carrying more spare tires than Les Schwab.

I feel a baseball bat intro-session coming on - I'd better go lie down.....

tac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Lot of that going on. Recently there has been some movement in the UK about this kind of bollix acting. Stolen Honor Petitions have been sent to HM Government to make this kind of carry on illigal.

Seems its finally being taken very seriously now. That guy was lucky he didn't get his fat lard ass knocked clean out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭troubleshooter

I have known two women who have had ex boyfriends who have claimed to be ex sas :rolleyes: One even claimed he had left but the govt sent him to Iraq every three weeks to take part in special classified missions, this woman believed every word.

Another who went out with a guy with a small scar under his chin, he claimed he had been in Helmand and shot under the chin, he was an obvious fantasist.

Women fall for that stuff so easily.

I have known two women who have had ex boyfriends who have claimed to be ex sas :rolleyes: One even claimed he had left but the govt sent him to Iraq every three weeks to take part in special classified missions, this woman believed every word.

Another who went out with a guy with a small scar under his chin, he claimed he had been in Helmand and shot under the chin, he was an obvious fantasist.

Women fall for that stuff so easily.

Some walts even go to the trouble of getting parachute regiment and winged dagger tattoos and buying medals to back up their war heroics, they must have psychological problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

TShooter check out ARRSE for their dedicated waltfinder unit. Theres a thread on the infamous Baron that operates over here gathering dust on Boards.ie too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sadly it's not unique to foreign service either. I've known a reservist here who tried to chat up a girl talking about when he was deployed as a sniper in Lebanon and how beautiful the tracer fire is over the jungles at sunset (I shít you not. I was in tears laughing). He failed, miserably.

Here in UK our wannabe's - mostly sad old 'wannawases' - seem to confine themselves to making appearances at Veteran Parades on November 11 wearing medals and headgear to which they are not entitled, or, in the case of the younger generation, to high-faultin' functions and dinners at which they appear as preposterous fakes. One such total w*nker was the 25-year old 'Royal Marine Special Boat Section' full colonel wearing the Queen's Jubilee Medal [issued to serving members of the British Armed Forces in 1977], TWO sets of French Foreign Legion para badges AND a Legion D'Honneur ribbon. The crowning 'glory' was his long service medal [issued to non-commissioned SNCOs after 15/17 years 'undetected crime'] right beside his Military Medal. His chat-up line was a mix of Starship Troopers, Saving Private Ryan and Pinocchio.

Sadly for him there were a number of my erstwhile colleagues present, guests of honour for whom the festivations were actually intended.

I think that he was quietly taken outside where the livin' sh*t was kicked out of him.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

Feel kinda sorry for guys like this fantasist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Manic - with an obesity problem like that would that guy even be accepted into the National Guard much less Special Forces ?

Interesting to see just how upset and angry the folks in Georgia were about this guy.

• Advertisement

Upset and angry enuff to check out his head for resilience and resistance to abrasion with a baseball bat, I hope....

He's got more spare tire than I weigh.

tac

delancey42 wrote: »
    Manic - with an obesity problem like that would that guy even be accepted into the National Guard much less Special Forces ?

My guess is that walking from his over-loaded car to the centre to take the fitness test would prolly kill him. Even getting his clothes on must be a real test of fitness...

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

interesting stuff. Correct me if wrong but US Army has no "Aid to civil power" authority? How then did the hick deputies not smell a rat straightaway and not only because the guy looks like Fat B@stard?
    (I dont have a clue I'm only an ex-RDF man)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Seriously funny stuff that and I have no connections to any military organisations! What a plank. Was lucky some of those mad Georgians didn't kick the head off of him.

Walt senses tingling..

Does the name Baron James Shortt of Castle bellendingham ring any bells? believe he lives somewhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Know a guy in the RDF - must be the platoon nut job.

HE claims that he was a sniper and was sent to Lebanon for a weekend! He was in 6th year at this time. I asked why the DF was sending a reservist to Lebanon, especially considering the army arent in Lebanon anymore. Cue a lot of stammering and stuttering and two girls who knew he was bull****ting already laughing at him...

Until around last year the guy would often run into me on the street and jump right into how his unit are deploying soon. Or how he has a sub machine gun in his bedroom given to him as a gift by a Ranger blah blah blah...

He works in a supermarket...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

That guy was something else, notice his Travis AFB Pass?? Pretty serious, i didnt notice it until i scrolled down the link MM supplied and that it was mentioned, apparently that would be a very serious issue regarding a pass to a USAF Base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Distribution of Carbs from the Stores:pac:
    Interesting to see just how upset and angry the folks in Georgia were about this guy.

I dont blame them one bit, some of them really are true heroes, as are alot in our DF.

Haven't there been 1 or 2 instances on this forum of people falsely claiming to be past / present military ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

I was walking through town the other day with the mrs and we were talking away and I notice this fat little bastard with a thick as **** dublin accent,He looked like a michelin tyre model anyway he was wearing a t shirt with unusually small sleeves and I notice that he`s got a tattoo of the SAS`s logo with "who dares wins" underneath and "22 SAS REGIMENT COUNTER REVOLOUTIONARY WARFARE WING"

I felt like punching his lights out for being such a walt

And I know a lad who serves in an rdf unit who goes around telling people he`s fully qualified sniper and that he`s joining the "reserve ranger wing" after he does his "commando course" IE he`s starting a team on call of duty modern warfare after doing the tutorial...what a DICK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Haven't there been 1 or 2 instances on this forum of people falsely claiming to be past / present military ?

There was one bloke who claimed to have 28 years service and 6 trips Overseas.

Poccington wrote: »
    There was one bloke who claimed to have 28 years service and 6 trips Overseas.

Had he ever been in the Army ? How was he found out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Had he ever been in the Army ? How was he found out ?

He was roughly a year into his service with the PDF. I found him out after looking through his previous posts, he made the claim to another poster on here while claiming that 13-14kg was fully laden for a soldier. I believe the claim was 5 trips to the Leb, 1 in Kosovo and then 28 years service.

There was another bloke who made some rather dubious claims about his service in the BA. Can't remember too much but I think it involved serving in the Pathfinder Platoon or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

47 wrote: »
    And I know a lad who serves in an rdf unit who goes around telling people he`s fully qualified sniper and that he`s joining the "reserve ranger wing" after he does his "commando course" IE he`s starting a team on call of duty modern warfare after doing the tutorial...what a DICK

Sorry boss I cant work tonight I have to handle a terrorist seige in Dalkey.

Sorry I love walters they give me hours of fun. I work in security we have lots and lots.

Oh and that link did not work for me

The story is retold here

http://seanlinnane.blogspot.com/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Er... no.

The standards are the same for both Guard and Active Duty.

NTM

Williams' delusions of granduer go beyond trying to talk up chicks with phony war stories. At some point he apparently reported to the Russian Embassy that he was part of a plot of US government black operators to assassinate the Russian President. Williams has claimed he hears voices, memory loss, and hints at some sort of "mind control" activity to cover "black ops" to explain his total failure to remember calling the Russian Embassy.

Regarding his penchant for wearing military fatigues, Williams has claimed "they're comfortable, and they attract women."

LoL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

iceage wrote: »
    Walt senses tingling..

Does the name Baron James Shortt of Castle bellendingham ring any bells? believe he lives somewhere in Ireland.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Walts ARRSE has dedicated walt hunters. They have been responsible for ousting many a deluded muppet (to a sometimes life altering degree).

Including a few Irish ones, check out http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Police_and_Special_Constable_Walts interesting to note one of our very own boardsies was ousted (alias as Sgt. Al on another forum)

The infamous baron who resides over here http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/James_Shortt

When I was working as a bouncer the amount of "yer man / I am ex SF...kinda like the SAS and Navy SEALs but they fight the 'RA..and can kill you with a half chewed curly wurly" sh!te I heard would make your toes curl.

I was working on one crew that had 3 RDF / 1 ex PDF and this agency replacement rocks up and starts waffling on to one of the lads during the night. The lad sniffs bull**** and leads yer man on. He gives the rest of us the heads up. After the shift was over we were having a pint and kept fueling yer man to increase the tales of the 'stan and backwards somersaults with flaming hatchet type nonsense. Hilarity did ensue when we were all about to leave and decided to give the poor muppet the good news.

Poccington wrote: »
    There was another bloke who made some rather dubious claims about his service in the BA. Can't remember too much but I think it involved serving in the Pathfinder Platoon or something like that.

Unless he was pretty old, and age was wearying him into confusing Army and RAF [the so-called Pathfinder squadrons of the RAF during WW2], the only other pathfinders I can find are in the Scouts.

Not a pal of 'Baron' CARSElshortt is he?

tac

• Advertisement

Williams has claimed "they're comfortable, and they attract women." LoL

...only the blind ones, though. Mind you, looking like him I opine that ANY female of ANY species would be gratefully looked upon.

tac

Gentlemen,

Jim Short is a MONG simple. I work within the close protection industry in this country and let me say that he and his organisation and students are viewed as a complete space invader,ninja samurai shaoling monk,special forces swat team alien fecking gob****e failures. If you have on your cv that you were trained by the barons organisation you will be binned... Having said that though there are a few companies that are of sub standard and are working with the barons organisation and use it as the gold standard which obviously says alot.. HOWEVER Gold standard being those 30 cent rings you find in bairn brack at halloween. I wouldn`t let jim short protect my local tescos let alone protect someones life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've seen people jailed for less in the USA. I think I read on military.com that two people were jailed for saying they served a few months back. There is a law about it, called the Stolen Valour Act (7007), in the USA about falsely saying they served. This is currently being brought through the courts, though, as some say the Act violates the 1st Amendmen.

As General Washington once said "Should any who are not entitled to these honors have the insolence to assume the badges of them, they shall be severely punished."

Hope they don't repel the law. F**k, hope they start charging the low-life who do this with fruad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

If you read on a couple of pages the thread descends into a discussion about that act for a while.

What I have found really interesting reading the various links like AARSE is how difficult it is to get away with this shyte. I have little doubt that civilians with no military background like myself could be fooled but going to a veterans parade is like stepping into a bear pit.
    ''Those wings were withdrawn in 1963 '' , '' his medals are hung incorrectly '' , '' thats an Indian mutiny campaign medal '' - gotta say the military lads know their stuff......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I think the Stolen Valour act sounds like the sort of thing we could do with in Europe too.

There have been several 'walters' or whatever you call them in the uk caught with a chestfull (think Gaddafi or idi amin style) of medals none of which were earned.

There was even a case a couple of years ago . . . . (details are a bit sketchy but it went something like this) . .. . of a woman soldier in the uk whose boyfriend assured her he was a military qualified Doctor- he ended up being assigned to some sort of reserve defence forces field hospital treating those wounded on exercises despite having no qualifications whatsoever, trying to set bones and so on. He ended up in court when his paperwork was finally checked for that and then the woman went public about it despite the personal embarrasment to herself in order to ensure he didn't get away with anything like that again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Know a guy in the RDF - must be the platoon nut job.

HE claims that he was a sniper and was sent to Lebanon for a weekend! He was in 6th year at this time. I asked why the DF was sending a reservist to Lebanon, especially considering the army arent in Lebanon anymore. Cue a lot of stammering and stuttering and two girls who knew he was bull****ting already laughing at him...

Until around last year the guy would often run into me on the street and jump right into how his unit are deploying soon. Or how he has a sub machine gun in his bedroom given to him as a gift by a Ranger blah blah blah...

He works in a supermarket...
    Sadly it's not unique to foreign service either. I've known a reservist here who tried to chat up a girl talking about when he was deployed as a sniper in Lebanon and how beautiful the tracer fire is over the jungles at sunset (I shít you not. I was in tears laughing). He failed, miserably.

I hate these types! I know more than my fair share, they are fun to toy with for a little while, tell them to talk to the CS about going on the Ranger Course and such, but after a while it gets REALLY REALLY sad!

I know one guy got so excited when he was told about the Reserve Ranger Wing watching their recruit camp for potentials that he would stay up half the night polishing his boots! He has since transferred units to a unit that believes they are the Reserve Ranger wing! Damn RDF inf types. Ah well, C'est la vie, they are still a little fun to humour.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Is there a Reserve Ranger Wing??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

If you don't know about it then you don't need to know about it. :p

concussion wrote: »
    If you don't know about it then you don't need to know about it.

Shucks , I was about to ask that question as well.

If you don't know about it then you don't need to know about it.

Honestly i'm not that bothered if it exists or not. Just i wonder about reserve SF units. I.e. are they ex full time ARW and are now older and are happy to do 1 day a month or whatever to keep themselves sharp or are they RDF people who've went for it. Would it not be better to have a bigger ARW (funds permitting)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Apologies for being too subtle, post edited. There is no Reserve ARW unit and the current Army Reserve is in no position to field such an organisation. Drastic changes from both the military authorities and from individuals would be required to make such a unit feasible.

Apologies for being too subtle, post edited. There is no Reserve ARW unit and the current Army Reserve is in no position to field such an organisation. Drastic changes from both the military authorities and from individuals would be required to make such a unit feasible.

Ah ha so there is a reserve ARW !!!:eek:

If there was not why deny it. ;)

THERE IS NO RESERVE ARW

JAYZIZ :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

THERE IS NO RESERVE ARW

JAYZIZ :cool:

Barn door after the horse has bolted. The truth is out now.

NTM

Come the weekend they are going so "silence" us for knowing.....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

First article that sprung to mind, apologies, it's the Daily Mail.. I love the row of tightly packed medals!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1087071/War-hero-74-went-Remembrance-Day-parades-year-exposed-fake-bought-medals-internet.html

If you Google a bit, there's photos of him walking in parades etc.

About the American 'character', he has been in jail quite a few times by now, often for years, why would he continue? ..it has to be an underlying mental condition\compulsion.

There was also some guy at last years Remembrance Sunday at the Cenotaph who had to do a rapid exit stage left, tabbing all the way as he was about to be taken to task by some real Veterans. Had so much bling on him he needed scaffolding!

I remember that first guy Poccington, real wind up merchant.

Gentlemen,

Jim Short is a MONG simple. I work within the close protection industry in this country and let me say that he and his organisation and students are viewed as a complete space invader,ninja samurai shaoling monk,special forces swat team alien fecking gob****e failures. If you have on your cv that you were trained by the barons organisation you will be binned... Having said that though there are a few companies that are of sub standard and are working with the barons organisation and use it as the gold standard which obviously says alot.. HOWEVER Gold standard being those 30 cent rings you find in bairn brack at halloween. I wouldn`t let jim short protect my local tescos let alone protect someones life

Yet he does have pics of himself doing work for very important VIPs, so he must get work.

Edit

Just checked lots of pics of celebs, but hes not in them, the only one of him with a celeb is with his heros, the professionals, lol. And one with Brian Ferry.

http://www.ibabodyguards.com/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&Itemid=43&func=detail&id=29

Short is the ultimate walt, the bother he goes to to get pics of himself to back up his lies is extraordinary.

Short in "afghanistan", most likey Spain or somewhere with a replica weapon.

http://www.ibabodyguards.com/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&Itemid=43&func=detail&id=26

Funny the way he fools foreign royalty and VIPs that hes a colonel and a Lord, ex SAS and a warhero and a papel knight, and a paramedic and black belt martial artist and many more things lol and then theres all his medals and his award from the pope for helping end the cold war !!!! And his CIA and KGB connections and secret missions , lol.

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Come the weekend they are going so "silence" us for knowing.....:(

Zambia - there are things I could tell you....but then I'd have to kill you :D

Yet he does have pics of himself doing work for very important VIPs, so he must get work.

Edit

Just checked lots of pics of celebs, but hes not in them, the only one of him with a celeb is with his heros, the professionals, lol. And one with Brian Ferry.

http://www.ibabodyguards.com/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&Itemid=43&func=detail&id=29

Short is the ultimate walt, the bother he goes to to get pics of himself to back up his lies is extraordinary.

Short in "afghanistan", most likey Spain or somewhere with a replica weapon.

http://www.ibabodyguards.com/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&Itemid=43&func=detail&id=26

Funny the way he fools foreign royalty and VIPs that hes a colonel and a Lord, ex SAS and a warhero and a papel knight, and a paramedic and black belt martial artist and many more things lol and then theres all his medals and his award from the pope for helping end the cold war !!!! And his CIA and KGB connections and secret missions , lol.

WITH RESPECT TROUBLE SHOOTER

that moron does NOT get work since his "outing" he has not got work from anybody. I know this because I work on the very small close protection curcuit in this country and everyone knows everyone thats how it is. He`s a lying asshole. He even went as far as using some FBI special units logo on one of his websites (CANT REMEMBER THE DETAILS)

PLAIN AND SIMPLE HE`S A WANKER excuse my language

• Advertisement
Advertisement