Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA - Freezing Interest

Options
  • 11-08-2010 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Anyone know how likely MBNA Credit Card Co. are to freeze interest on a credit card that is getting out of control. Payments are not being made and the interest just keeps rising.

If i write to them explaining a situation and offering x amount per month, freezing interest until the circumstances improve etc.

Has anyone ever done this before, if so, what was the response like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

They should do, but writing to them is a long and ardous process and ridiculously slow. They seem to be much friendlier when you call and speak to someone, my guess is they don't want to put something in writing in case it burns them down the line.

Make a call, make a repayment offer and save yourself the time IMHO.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

My experience with MBNA has not been a good one.

i think the best thing you can do, it to get a another credit card with 6 months interest free and transfer the balance over.

you will be banging your head against a brick wall trying to deal with them

Advertisement