Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Sponsored Job on 2nd WHV

Options
  • 11-08-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,If you get sponcered and take a second visa and during your second year you decide to leave that job, how long can you remain in Auz.Do you have time to look for new employment or even regional work.Is there a time limit that you can remain after leaving the job??Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Hi,If you get sponcered and take a second visa and during your second year you decide to leave that job, how long can you remain in Auz.Do you have time to look for new employment or even regional work.Is there a time limit that you can remain after leaving the job??Thanks

Hi

Im lost

Are you on your second WHV or are you on a sponsored 457.

As my understanding was you get a second WHV than you can do what you want.

Zambia

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭betting fool

Sorry should of explained,I am going to Auz next year, around May 2011, and am looking to get a job in insurance.So If i get Sponcered to stay for a second visa, (without doing the 88 days regional work), and i leave the sponcering company, how long do i have before i must go home?? Ie, if i leave a job after being sponcered, would I have time to complete the 88 days or go traveling with Auz etc?I am just weighing up all my options so I can stay al least 2 years there.Another option is to get the 88 days done when i get over and work my way down from Cairns to Sydney/Melbourne

so to clear this up, the Question in the OP is assuming im on a sponsored 457.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Sorry should of explained,I am going to Auz next year, around May 2011, and am looking to get a job in insurance.So If i get Sponcered to stay for a second visa, (without doing the 88 days regional work), and i leave the sponcering company, how long do i have before i must go home?? Ie, if i leave a job after being sponcered, would I have time to complete the 88 days or go traveling with Auz etc?I am just weighing up all my options so I can stay al least 2 years there.Another option is to get the 88 days done when i get over and work my way down from Cairns to Sydney/Melbourne

There is a lot of big IF's in that question.

If you were to go to Aus on the 1st WHV and you got sponsored and then you left that job you have 28 days to leave. You wouldn't have time to do the 88 days.

You best option is to do the 88 days first, then you qualify for the 2nd WHV. You have then you at least achieved objective 1 you are going stay at least 2 years.

objective 2 getting sponsored... thats only a bonus.

Thanks for the reply, 28days, thats the exact info i was looking for.I think ur right about getting the 88 days done first, makes most sense.Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Thanks for the reply, 28days, thats the exact info i was looking for.I think ur right about getting the 88 days done first, makes most sense.Thanks

It does make sense to do it that way. Think you are getting way ahead of yourself talking about sponsorship before you've even got to Australia. Its not that easy to find a company that may be willing to sponsor you and in general requires a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Mate,

Just as said previously, unfortunately it is not that easy to get sponsored. Especially in the Insurance Industry.

It is the job the sponsor to an extent so to speak not the person. I have a friend who came over with 5 years experience and could not get sponsored by CommInsure. Similar with a friend of mine who worked in Westpac where I worked for a time also when I first came over. They tried, each cost both companies about $4k with appeals etc I think but both came back declined.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate but you can look into it yourself.

On and as someone said previously, unfortunately it is not that easy to get sponsored over here. I was lucky enough to but I have 6 years experience in the Industry I am now working in.

Advertisement