Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work has not paid me!!

Options
  • 11-08-2010 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi guys,

just want to write my anger here!!! Got a job offer on 12 July this year, titled web designer so over the moon I took the job. My employer who I cant name for obvious reasons, took me on without giving me a interview. Plus no contract. He wanted me to start right away on the website.

We discussed rate of pay per hour and working from home which suited me fine. As the weeks past I realised I wasn't getting paid. So I went up to the offices and showed him the work I had done so far. He was pleased; then he asked me about when would I like to paid. (2 weeks in the job). So I showed him my hours and he agreed on them and promised a cheque to follow. No cheque. And still no money nearly a month working for this company.

Had to get that off my chest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Mary Hairy

Sent a letter by snail mail. Keep a record of posting. If no joy complain to the Rights Commissioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Most companies pay by the month, So, If you started on 12th July and you only showed your hours a week ago you'd probably not be getting anything until the next payrole is being run...Just keep track of your hours and maybe email them to him every friday marked high importance and have a read receipt on your email,So You'll know he got it and then he cant deny it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I take it you're not a paye worker.
    most small businesses will pay professional fees as late as possible.. explain (face to face - no texts or calls) to your employer that you really need the money straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

Hi guys thanks for the support. i sent them an email and they agreed to send out the money, by the end of week. So if as promise brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Are you sure they have the money?

I've a friend working in a business 4 years now and he hasn't been paid for July yet. They just have no money, there's nothing he can do about it.

However you sound like you might have sorted your problem out, so good luck..

• Advertisement
Advertisement