Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what present to bring

Options
  • 11-08-2010 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the correct place but this weekend I am going to visit a friend who is staying in a mobile home for the summer with her kids at the beach. Now normally I'd bring her wine and flowers to her house but since its a mobile I'm not sure if she'll have much room for the flowers as there won't be as much space.

Can someone suggest something to bring - would a board game/jigsaw for her kids be enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I think that's a great idea, gives her a bit of peace if there's a rainy day. Some nice biscuits/sweets too maybe? And I spose the space thing isn't an issue with the wine;)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

I think that's a great idea, gives her a bit of peace if there's a rainy day. Some nice biscuits/sweets too maybe? And I spose the space thing isn't an issue with the wine;)

so true about the wine - and didn't think of biscuits, might even make some rocky road or something like that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Are you staying with her for the weekend? Do bring games for the kids, they'd be thrilled. If you went into a toy shop like Smyths I'm sure you could pick up a few outdoor games cheap enough, skittles or tennis or swingball or those mits you wear with velcro on them with a tennis ball or something to get the kids out, then nice wine and food to share with her while the kids are out playing! I'd say it'll be highly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

Hi,

Made Chocolate Fridge Cake and got some jigsaws for the kids and beach bats and they were delighed with them. It was a fabulous weekend at the beach and ended up coming home with a sunburnt nose!!

I'm thrilled when people bring wine and chocolates when they visit my mobile! I wouldn't actually have a vase but always have empty water bottles awaiting recycling so a makeshift vase could be created!

Good job with the chocolate cake though - you can never go wrong with chocolate cake!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement