Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmore East Bluegrass festival 2010 Co. Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Yeah the bluegrass festival is great, gets really good crowds every year. Dunmore East is gorgeous, its a great place to hold it. The music is excellent, plenty of craic around.

Not sure about camping, I'd say you might get more responses by getting this thread moved to the Waterford forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

It's a great festival, great buzz about the place and Dunmore is a lovely spot.

There is no 'official' camping spot, but there is an area by the beach where people camp every year. I've never done it myself but always see tents up there (The councillers - by the carpark overlooking the beach).

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Hi Paul,

You'll have no problem camping. I don't know the official legal stance on it, but there will be lots of people camping there (if it's anything like any other year) and you can just pitch up around them. Like the guy above me says, up by the carpark.

It's an excellent festival that always draws a good crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Thanks for the replies guys, really looking forward to it now!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

what kind of music goes on there anyone know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

DOTHEDOG wrote: »
    what kind of music goes on there anyone know

The name of the festival may be a clue :p

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Probably Bluegrass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

lol didn't cop it!!

Hey, just back from the festival... It was really good with some awesome Bluegrass going on. It's such a great sound. The place was pretty mobbed... particularly on Saturday. There seemed to be quite a young (under-age) crowd out drinking on the streets... and a wide spectrum of people of all ages attending the gigs. Generally everybody was quite well behaved and there was a strong but laid back garda presence in the village which was good.

Just a warning though, the camping up on the hill by the car park got pretty dodgy during the saturday night. Friday was grand but a dodgy crowd arrived on saturday and were causing hassle. They overturned a car up there and ripped the timber off the gate of one of the houses for their bonne fire! :( Pity we can't have a festival in Ireland with these muppets ruinings things for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Paulj wrote: »
    Hey, just back from the festival... It was really good with some awesome Bluegrass going on. It's such a great sound. The place was pretty mobbed... particularly on Saturday. There seemed to be quite a young (under-age) crowd out drinking on the streets... and a wide spectrum of people of all ages attending the gigs. Generally everybody was quite well behaved and there was a strong but laid back garda presence in the village which was good.

Just a warning though, the camping up on the hill by the car park got pretty dodgy during the saturday night. Friday was grand but a dodgy crowd arrived on saturday and were causing hassle. They overturned a car up there and ripped the timber off the gate of one of the houses for their bonne fire! :( Pity we can't have a festival in Ireland with these muppets ruinings things for everyone!

Yeah on the first point, Bluegrass has somehow turned into an excuse for teenagers drinking heavily in the last year or two. And who knows what went on with the lads causing trouble but like you said yourself these muppets will turn up anywhere if there's a crowd of people. Just hope you escaped the hassle yourself because it's a great festival and Dunmore is a lovely spot.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah on the first point, Bluegrass has somehow turned into an excuse for teenagers drinking heavily in the last year or two. And who knows what went on with the lads causing trouble but like you said yourself these muppets will turn up anywhere if there's a crowd of people. Just hope you escaped the hassle yourself because it's a great festival and Dunmore is a lovely spot.

Ya it really is a lovely spot. It's actually an ideal place for camping and I love the village. Will definitely be back again. I think the Guards could have done a bit more there that night. During the day time every hour or so a Garda bike would circle around in that car park ... which was good because people know that they're being watched. But there was no sign of them at night until it was too late. We just moved into our car in the end and moved the car as far away from them as possible. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 oceans 11

Bluegrass band Jeff and Vida play The Ocean Dunmore East this thursday 25th November.

Band @ 8pm and accommodation available from €25

Advertisement