Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendations in Westport

Options
  • 11-08-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi!

I'm going to Westport this weekend for a hotel break with a mate. The package includes dinner in the hotel on one night (we'll do that on Friday) so we will eat in the town on Saturday evening.

Has anyone any recommendations for a not-too-expensive restaurant? I haven't been to Westport in years so can't really remember where I've eaten there before. Somewhere with a good early bird menu would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

Simple search of this forum would have got you several results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Thanks Gun_Slinger.

I posted originally in the Food & Drink forum and it was moved here. Thanks for the links.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hondavfr

Try the Quay Cottage,very nice place,nice food and it also has offers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

If you looking for some thing small in the afternoon the clew bay on James street dose nice panines and coffies they are a bit pricey but everyone in there is nice and there is ushuaily a goos atmosphere in there

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

mayo_lad wrote: »
    If you looking for some thing small in the afternoon the clew bay on James street dose nice panines and coffies they are a bit pricey but everyone in there is nice and there is ushuaily a goos atmosphere in there

Restaurants in Westport generally are pricey so OP beware. That said, the quality of food is generally very good but it is expensive. On the plus side, the price of the pint is no dearer than anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Thanks everyone for the replies so far.
    hondavfr wrote: »
    Try the Quay Cottage,very nice place,nice food and it also has offers on.

Thanks, I'll keep a look out for it! I'd say we'll go with an early (light-ish) lunch and then try to have a relatively early dinner to avail of any early bird offers - though sometimes Saturday is excluded from early bird offers.
    mayo_lad wrote: »
    Thanks for the rec. We will be around the town on Saturday and Sunday afternoon so we'll have to have lunch somewhere!
    dec25532 wrote: »
    Restaurants in Westport generally are pricey so OP beware. That said, the quality of food is generally very good but it is expensive. On the plus side, the price of the pint is no dearer than anywhere else.
    Yeah, I'm getting a feel for that from some of the other threads. We are staying in Knockranny and have dinner there on Friday, so we might be glad of something a bit lighter on Sat night!
    Failing that, we can just fill up on pints ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

Yeah, I'm getting a feel for that from some of the other threads. We are staying in Knockranny and have dinner there on Friday, so we might be glad of something a bit lighter on Sat night!
    Failing that, we can just fill up on pints ;)[/QUOTE]

ha ha sure afew pints of guinness is as good as a meal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Hey Dec25532 there you go again. People who dine out much more often than I do in Galway and Westport say Westport compares well restaurant-wise.

Re the price of a pint I met a group from Galway last weekend who were very impressed with a price of €4 for a pint in one of Westport's leading pubs, saying that the price in same sort of pub in Galway would be €4.80. That does not claim to be an exhaustive scientific survey, just talking to a group of eight people at the end of an enjoyable weekend in the town.

Advertisement