Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible double penalty kick at Gowran and Salisbury

Options
  • 11-08-2010 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Yesterday was a decent 2/1 double and this should be likewise.

2:30 Salisbury E.b.f. Molson Coors Maiden Stakes(4) 6f - Big Issue

5:15 Gowran Park Irish Stallion Farms European Breeders Fund Maiden 7f - Treasure Beach

Big Issue should be a Hannon/Hughes 2 year old steering job if judged by the promise of its debut in a Class 2 at Goodwood. Down in class not once but twice its hard to see anything else threatening esp as bin Suroors possible spoiler Signs In The Sand has been withdrawn. Sluggsy Morant a flop fav on debut will no doubt be better on firm turf second time out but probably only for the forecast.

Treasure Beach was a fast finishing 2nd on debut last May just getting the better of The Reaper as they crossed the line. That horse is running again today having dissapointed LTO at Listowel over a mile. The Reaper was up with the pace the whole way but when push came to shove found little and was run out of the places by the fast finishing Tis the Shot and Quaintly, niether of whom have placed since.

The winner in May, Longhunter got thrown in the deep end for its second outing finishing last in a Group 2 so I don't think the form of the race has taken a knock!

Like yesterday the odds are horrid at 1.36 and 1.57 but if the form holds the results, barring accidents, are not in doubt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Thanks, worth a shot after yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Well done on yeasterday Mike.

Have you looked at Dhar Dhana in the 4.50 at Beverley? She was mighty impressive at Folkstone last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just watched it back. Won by 7 easing down, always at the head of affairs and never asked a serious question. Probably worth including on the strength of that performance as conditons are same going and distance wise.

mike65 wrote: »
    Just watched it back. Won by 7 easing down, always at the head of affairs and never asked a serious question. Probably worth including on the strength of that performance as conditons are same going and distance wise.

I was taken by the horses demeanor in the straight, ears pricked, relatively high head carriage and long loping stride with great rhythm for a horse rated only 61. I was very impressed. I'd suprised if that rating was not closer to 81 after 3 more runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Seanohea

It would be great if these penalty kicks always worked out, it would be interesting to see how it goes if you do it regularly.
    I like the penalty kicks in horse racing, I just haven't had great experience with them in the past, especially in maidens. Best of luck though, I'll follow with interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

hi i took ur above advice and added dhan dhana in the 4.50 beverlery for a 100 euro treble

Good luck with that!

/I copped out and put the three into a broader 5 timer for a small stake.

first one up anyway very easly looked impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Dhan Dhana after driftiing out to 11/10 on pp.

Dhan Dhana ran a stinker started getting worried alright when it started drifting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

lead the field until he hit a wall at the bottom of the hill,

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Well called again Mike !:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Many thanks again!!

heh! I'll check the replays if possible but the winning margins were tight enough for shoe ins :)

Pity about Dhan Dhana

Just had a flick through the Tramore card and I can see two possibles.

Sorry bout Dhan Dhana lads/anyone who was on. Blew up like nothing you'll ever see! Horrendous run! I'll be backing her next time though.

Nulty wrote: »
    Sorry bout Dhan Dhana lads/anyone who was on. Blew up like nothing you'll ever see! Horrendous run! I'll be backing her next time though.

7/1 winner, hope you all remembered her

Bit late for the bump!

I'm not your mother Mike ;)

I'd have the social services round if you were! :mad: :p

Advertisement