Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short snowboarding trip

Options
  • 11-08-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Could anyone suggest a good destination for a 3 day snowboarding trip this December?

I’d like to fly over Thursday night, do three good days boarding and then fly back Sunday night. Leaving from Dublin. Been boarding about 5 times before so level is intermediate.

The places I have been to before are not really near enough to airports for such a short trip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 spiderlover

France is good...its close and dont take to long to get up the mountain...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭crazeehorse

the problem with going somewhere close to an airport is the resort is going to be lower down and you will have a much smaller chance of getting good snow, especially before january.
    for resorts id recomend tigne or val d'isere (they're linked)as ive been the many times and its allways had better snow than anywhere else and its big and high up.

the problem with going somewhere close to an airport is the resort is going to be lower down and you will have a much smaller chance of getting good snow, especially before january.
    for resorts id recomend tigne or val d'isere (they're linked)as ive been the many times and its allways had better snow than anywhere else and its big and high up.

Thanks crazeehorse, I'll check out tigne and val d'isere.

What is the closest airport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 methodman

guys would u mind voting for me and my friends to win a snowboarding trip to whistler, pretty please?

we are the "movember session machines"

www.coorslight.ie/destination

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the snowboard crew

PH4T wrote: »
    Could anyone suggest a good destination for a 3 day snowboarding trip this December?

I’d like to fly over Thursday night, do three good days boarding and then fly back Sunday night. Leaving from Dublin. Been boarding about 5 times before so level is intermediate.

The places I have been to before are not really near enough to airports for such a short trip.

check out www.thesnowboardcrew.com we do trips to andorra
    we're a new snowboard club!

check out www.thesnowboardcrew.com we do trips to andorra
    we're a new snowboard club!

Had a quick look at your site. Do you only do week long trips or do you do shorter trips as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

The Wicklow Mountains if this weather keeps up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the snowboard crew

sorry, we do 7 day trips only

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

Get a cheap Ryanair flight to Manchester and try out http://www.chillfactore.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Raffeal

I know it's a bit late but if you're planning another one flying in Geneva gives you plenty of options in France Morzine's a little less than 1.5 hrs away, the 3 valleys is close as is Chamonix.

Zurich to St. Naton is an easy drive or transfer too and you've the option of the train too.

the http://www.j2ski.com/ site gives you resort reviews and you filter by closeness to the airports, very handy

Advertisement