Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netopia 2247

• 11-08-2010 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi,

i have a Netopia 2247 router that i got from Eircom, but for the last six months i have been using it with Vodafone at home. My internet was acting up recently so i reset the router but it looks like I did a complete reset or something because when i open up the router page in internet explorer i no longer get the eircom netopia page, but the netopia version.

that is not a problem but since then only one computer will work on the router and only with a ethernet cable, no other computer/ps3 etc can join the network, maybe it is not assigning IP addresses? has anyone else encountered this?

Should i try to re-install the eircom firmware? i have searched for itonline but cant find it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Nope, you have just reset the wireless SSID's and passwords/security.

Just log into the router page and setup your wireless as you like, and then set it up on the other wireless computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Nope, you have just reset the wireless SSID's and passwords/security.

Just log into the router page and setup your wireless as you like, and then set it up on the other wireless computers.

Ok any ideas why all attempts to optain an IP address time out for my PS3? it doesnt matter if it is a wired or wire,ess connection.

when wireless the PS3 can pick up the Wireless signal, but it cannot connect?

Did you update the wireless settings on the PS3 to match the default settings that are now on the router.

Stupid question I know

Sorry just read the rest of your post regarding the PS3 not connecting over a wired connection. Seems very strange. Once you plug in the cable it should work.
    I know with an xbox you have to make sure the 192.168.1.7 address is free for it to use, but I don't think the PS3 has a similar problem.

Maybe the dhcp server is not turned on on your router.

Or maybe the default gateway has changed. If your router was previously at 192.168.1.1 and you reset it it might go to 192.168.1.254 (or vice versa) I know I had this problem before with those netopia routers. Granted it wasn't a problem if I didn't change the routers ip address, but if you did and reset it, then it would go back to the default one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

okay...whats the general opinion of this router? cos well my one is SH*T!

one min its saying the PPPoE is failing....next minute its the IP address....
    one min the "internet" light is green then its red.

speed is ....meh its alright 3mb line and we're getting 2.54mb

but its this cutting out....its driving my nut in.

is it me? is it them? is it the router?

we all know what kinda trained chimp is going to answer the phone, so i thought i'd check here first before collecting my thoughts and trying to build up the patience to ring them.

would i be better off getting "3rd party router" as they like to call it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

thanks for taking the time to reply,

I was able to log in and configure the router at 192.168.1.254 as before, it says the DHCP server is on, so i am confused, i cant believe it wont connect with the ethernet cable either.

It just hit me that I never changed the firewall settings after reseting, could a srict firewall prevent the PS3 from joining?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

noiniho wrote: »
    thanks for taking the time to reply,

I was able to log in and configure the router at 192.168.1.254 as before, it says the DHCP server is on, so i am confused, i cant believe it wont connect with the ethernet cable either.

It just hit me that I never changed the firewall settings after reseting, could a srict firewall prevent the PS3 from joining?

I know when I was setting up my nintendo stuff i had to adjust firewall and enable NAT settings. I put it from Medium to Low and that did the trick. but we're on wireless set up . Nintendo And Eircom just dont get along my brother said his PS3 connected from day one when i got it at christmas.

Eircom always just like to make things freaking complicated! with backarse cheap ass routers and pandora box settings..

wonder would o2 broadband or any of those USB portable bb work on the consoles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

You've already reset the router to defaults which would enable the DHCP server.

I think re-flashing the router might be a good idea.

You can download the latest firmware from http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/firmware/updates.html?224xw but it requires registration.

It's possible that MAC filtering is enabled on the router and that is why it only allows your PC, but again that would've be wiped out with the router reset and somebody would've had to put your MAC address in in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Lady Lainy wrote: »

wonder would o2 broadband or any of those USB portable bb work on the consoles?
    you need to plug it into a computer and enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). you can't plug it directly into the console, if that's what you're asking. trouble is, the mobile bb tends to have high ping for gaming. ask in the nintendo (or whatever console you have) forum. i know there's a tutorial in the Xbox forum for setting up ICS but i don't know if that's any help for other consoles.

Advertisement