Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portable Printer

• 11-08-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Does anyone have a recommendation for a portable photo printer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

What type are you looking for?

I have this:

polaroid_pogo_printer_f.jpg

and this:

photosmart.jpg

Both are awesome but it depends on what your looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dmac120

Doesn't matter really, I was thinking for smaller prints but the option of A4 would be good. It's the best photo quality and price per print which will take preference.

what's the HP one called?

dmac120 wrote: »
    what's the HP one called?

Not sure, the model number is down home. They're all pretty much alike

thanks for your help, There is a few different models for the HP, i've read a few reviews online and it looks like a winner, thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Just a word of caution - the pogo is now officially no longer supported by polaroid, and the paper will probably be next to impossible to get quite soon. I couldn't find a single stockist in Dublin last week.

sineadw wrote: »
    Just a word of caution - the pogo is now officially no longer supported by polaroid, and the paper will probably be next to impossible to get quite soon. I couldn't find a single stockist in Dublin last week.

!00's of it on ebay. Wouldn't buy it anywhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

depending on how many prints your doing you might be better with a more pro dye sub printer, the cost per print will drop dramatically with some of them

have a look at photomark.co.uk or systeminsight

they list a lot of the more pro printers and the results are very good from a lot of them

the cost per print will be a fraction of one of those home type small printers, but the cost of the printer will be much higher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Tallon wrote: »
    !00's of it on ebay. Wouldn't buy it anywhere else

At the moment, yep. Just saying it'll be gone soon though. I'm guessing that's precisely why boots have the printers reduced from 159 to 35 quid..

Cheers for all the advice. I checked out the Dye sub printers and they are a bit out of my price range at the moment but very tempting. Think I will go for for a HP one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Haro84

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a reliable Event Photography printer that can be used at an event, taking photos of Christmas parties, dinner dance, nights out, football matches, that i can print off 6x4 or 5x7 prints fairly quickly ? A good quality printer.

Any suggestions would be great,,

Thanks! :)

Advertisement