Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teenagers in roselawn shopping centre

Options
  • 11-08-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

a friend of mine got a punch off one of them on sunday evening at about 9. another guy i heard about was started on by them two weeks ago.they were probably lucky my friend was held back as he was goin to murder the guy who hit him.. has anyone heard of any incidents around there with these little scumbags?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

When I was living just down the road in St. Brigids Park up until a few years ago, the vast majority of teenagers from around the area who congregate outside Tesco and the newsagent there are complete scumbags.

Usually doing drugs and the like in the trees lining the big green space just down from Tesco alongside Hazel Lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Meat

Never had trouble with any teenagers around Tesco. I don't think I've ever seen many scumbags either, just mainly normal kids loitering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

Meat wrote: »
    Never had trouble with any teenagers around Tesco. I don't think I've ever seen many scumbags either, just mainly normal kids loitering.
    There is a very fine line between being a loitering teenager and a druggie scumbag, and usually all it takes is just one of them having a bad idea.

I live in the Roselawn area and do notice them getting louder and more rowdy all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

My brother got punched by scumbags around there last summer, and if it's the same ones then they're also the ones that put a knife up to me so beware. I called the gards when it happened and in all fairness gards where there in numbers in minutes but they had all ran off. I can pm links to there facebook profile if your friend is interested in seeing if it's the same scum

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

thomasjad wrote: »
    My brother got punched by scumbags around there last summer, and if it's the same ones then they're also the ones that put a knife up to me so beware. I called the gards when it happened and in all fairness gards where there in numbers in minutes but they had all ran off. I can pm links to there facebook profile if your friend is interested in seeing if it's the same scum

Dont post the facebook profiles here, pm them if the OP wants it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

alryt lads

im only young and i think its ridiculous!! yes i drink blah blah blah this that and the other but they just dont have repect atall the little sh*ts.i remember when it was snowing they were absolutely pelting mic ,the man that collects the trolleys , out of it with snow balls and he fell , i ran staright a grabbed him up and told the little fcuks what their problem was, they just ran their mouths and acted big. i got started on by a little one there and i know some people are more mature on here about how to deal with them but when 2 of them started on me i absolutely layed into one of them and the other stood there in shock, he just went and got his bro, turned out i played footie with his bro and i told his bro what he was getting up to and then he got another hiding !!!!

they are just little kids around there,it is so stupid what they get up to , now i have been in scouts etc all that malarky and i know what is right and what is wring etc but when i see them standing in the way of old people with their shopping and they dont move , or belting the ball against the shutters etc just down right ridiculous i dont know why the guards are not doing anything about his

forgot to ask what age are these lads that gave your friend a punch op?? are you a teenager yourself??

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭wildlifeman

My friend is 31 and the lads who punched him were 16/17

well thats just sad that little twits like that would do such a thing, <SNIP>?? i really dont mean to sound like a big man but thats works , they are all just cowards !! <SNIP>
    cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

A V A, Boards.ie does not condone the use of violence, or taking the law into one's own hands. Please dont make such suggestions again.

• Advertisement

i wasnt making any suggestions atall , or any means of violence , i was going to alarm the local residence committee and get something legal done about this , its ridiculous and if you were out here you would feel the same , no harm was meant in my post man :) sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Yeah it's a disgrace, in my opinion the entire area has been going to sh1t of late.

The Roselawn centre is owned by Tesco in it's entirety and their responsibility to maintain, I raised the issue with one of their 'duty managers' and he looked at me like I have 10 heads. I intend to write to the Head Office and copy every TD and Councilor in the district, might be effective if everyone followed suit. They should have 24 hr. security on.

If they move on to the Delwood Road the Gardai could be effective by sending a car down the road every hour which wouldn't be too big a drain on resources.

It's a cliche but where are their parents? Do they actually live around here?:mad:

didnt know tesco owned the hole of the roselawn cnetre ?? i know off a few of them and they dont live around hear i say 3 out of a group may live around the area!!! i dont see the problem with a few people sitting down after just buying something in the shop etc but constantly ebing there and hanging around there , i just dont get!!!! i never hung around shops when i was that age

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I'm a teenager myself and yes I live beside tesco. Yes I probably know all the teenagers that hang around there aswell. Used to do it myself not too long ago. Why? Because there is nothing else in the area for teenagers to do. Most of us don't have much money at this time and playing football every day does get quite boring. If you know anything I'd be more than happy to tell them.

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I'm a teenager myself and yes I live beside tesco. Yes I probably know all the teenagers that hang around there aswell. Used to do it myself not too long ago. Why? Because there is nothing else in the area for teenagers to do. Most of us don't have much money at this time and playing football every day does get quite boring. If you know anything I'd be more than happy to tell them.

So let me get this straight, you punched someone because you were bored? There are plenty of things to do for little to no money in this area. You could go to the center and browse, or go to the library and take out a book. You could get about 2 euro together and go downtown and see a museum. I think the boredom excuse is bogus because when I was your age, there was always something to do, and we didn't have access to the internet.

but that isnt a reason to hang around tesco and torment the security guards etc.even today i seen elder people trying to get around people kicking a football and they didnt even move. doyler im not syaing it is you that may be causing the trouble but the general group of young people are, you may have a head on your shoulders and say lads leave it out or move out of the way for someone but the rest of the group may not.i understand there is not much to do around the area but to be around shops still kicking a football at the shutters etc !!
    So let me get this straight, you punched someone because you were bored? There are plenty of things to do for little to no money in this area. You could go to the center and browse, or go to the library and take out a book. You could get about 2 euro together and go downtown and see a museum. I think the boredom excuse is bogus because when I was your age, there was always something to do, and we didn't have access to the internet.

i dont think young lads/teenagers are going to go to a library and get a book out or use the internet in a library , when they have it at home,they just want to get out and have a laugh etc but they need to understand where we are coming from and we need understand were they are coming from !

you say playing football gets broing, and from what i see , the teenagers that do be outside tesco , they are obviously given money if they are at the shops! but if you liek playing footie why not go up to the coolmine astro??? that make footie even better to play , cause you have posts and line pitch and that does make a difference to 2 jumpers on the ground onfront of a wall.if there is a group of you's it would be €2-4 each .or go for a game of pool , have a laugh and even chase some girls :p, there is plenty to do , so much better things to do and are so ,much better than sitting outside shops etc, ye you can sitt out side a shop after buying something, there is a difference between after buying something and then just sitiing there all the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm not that regular in the tesco at roselawn but I've never noticed hassle being given to anyone.

I have noticed kids hanging around.

Is there any particular place to look at?

oh it does go on , as you said you dont see it because you rarely there

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭wildlifeman

god help them is they say anything to my mate again..he is still seething about it. i dont know why he drinks in the roselawn anyway because its crud.
    the only thing stopping him is the thought that they may be carrying a blade.

you wouldnt know what they have in their pockets these days :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Excuse me when did I ever even imply I punched someone because I was bored? It's nearly impossible to go to the centre every day and browse. Wouldn't mind the library option myself but I have read all the books of interest to me there. And a museum, that's not of interest to most teenagers imo. But how dare you say I punch people because I'm bored.

Excuse me when did I ever even imply I punched someone because I was bored? It's nearly impossible to go to the centre every day and browse. Wouldn't mind the library option myself but I have read all the books of interest to me there. And a museum, that's not of interest to most teenagers imo. But how dare you say I punch people because I'm bored.

i think meant teenagers in general and yes all teenagers are diferent but every teenager i see in roselawn give off the same impression

if your bored or have nothing else to , why sit around a shopping centre kicking a ball about,getting in peoples way and giving the security guards hassel , they shouldnt be taking the abuse they get from the teenagers

You implied it when you said you did what those teenagers who punched the guy did. I'm sorry if I got the wrong opinion. As for the suggestions, I was just throwing them out there as a better choice of a time spender. Of course you could also study or look for a job.

You implied it when you said you did what those teenagers who punched the guy did. I'm sorry if I got the wrong opinion. As for the suggestions, I was just throwing them out there as a better choice of a time spender. Of course you could also study or look for a job.

Apologies I must have put it out wrong there then. I meant that I used to hang around Tesco but never hit or hassled anybody.

Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pondasher

I think anyone who feels intimidated in any way by these guys should call the Guards. The more calls the Guards get the better, It makes them see the gravity of the problem
    Unfortunately most parents think that their kids are only hanging with their mates and doing nothing wrong if the kids get arrested it's the only thing that makes parents realise what their kids are doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hybridmouse

I walk down most weeks to pick up some shopping but I never see any hassle. There are kids hanging around but they're usually just having the chats outside. I've never felt intimidated there anyway.

What prompted the punch OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ongar astro park

wildlife man stop ljust admit it was you that got hit ..the roselawn is crud then why do you drink there EVERY WEEKEND.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ongar astro park, I seriously suggest that you stop abusing other posters on various forums or I will have no choice but to siteban you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

I walk down most weeks to pick up some shopping but I never see any hassle. There are kids hanging around but they're usually just having the chats outside. I've never felt intimidated there anyway.

What prompted the punch OP?

I am in complete agreement with this post. I am from area, have gone to Tesco hundreds of times and never ever got any hassle. The kids/teens there are fine and are not scumbags at all. They hang out and chat or play football, big deal :rolleyes:

Sounds like the opening post was a freak incident and yeah, it would be interesting to get the other side of the story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ongar astro park

zaph i've posted twice hardly abuse:confused:

Advertisement