Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Monday Night Combat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Let us know what you think. Can you play the demo online or are you limited to bots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Not sure, I'll be giving it a go on my lunch break anyway and let ya know. Curious to see how they handle the trial game.

I haven't been playing online multiplayer much lately so looking for a good game to get me back into the habit. This potentially could be it from the sounds of reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Is it up?? Too the Xbox.....

Liking the look and positive words about this so far, I loves me some team based shooting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Think Scott Pilgrim is getting my virtual money this week, but must give the trial of this a whirl if it's getting good feedback!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Scott Pilgrim is still 2 weeks away, as far as I know (August 25th)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mr E wrote: »

PSN exclusive for two weeks from today as far as I know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

If you have Castle Crashers you already have a game similar to Scott Pilgrim but better :)

Gonna pick up MNC soon. It looks like a game too keep me playing till some big retail games start too hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

PSN exclusive for two weeks from today as far as I know!

Yup it's out today on PSN. Waiting for it myself.

As for Monday Night Combat, the trial takes you through a training thingy and then after you play through that you have access to online multiplayer modes, where as far as I can tell from my one quick go of it, you have access to all the classes and stuff, so you can get a good enough sense of the game I'd say.

After one quick go I can say that I think I like it, only tried the support class and wasn't really sure what was going on. They do a good enough job of explaining the game modes in the intro video but not so much with the classes. Maybe you just have to go looking for them.

There's definitely a Team Fortress vibe to the game, initially anyway. But it seems to be its own thing too. Will give it another few goes before I decide whether to buy it or not methinks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'll probably get a look at the demo this weekend, but it just strikes me as a total Team Fortress rip off. I can't see any compelling reason to buy it when I have TF2 on my PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Downloading. Thanks for the link...Was curious when I saw the name in 'Summer of Arcade'. If it heavily relies on online, I'm a bit skeptical - bought 'Death Tank' and 'Darwinia' - Both great games but no one online to play them most of the time!

🤪

• Advertisement

Have to say I am liking the game. Tried the Support and Assassin classesfirst, bad idea. Very hardto play them right. Loving the Gunner, his level 3 Passive gives him a dual-chaingun.

The 2 modes on offer are Blitz (co-op vs AI robots for 2 players offline or 4 online) and Crossfire (the meat of the game, a more on foot version of DOTA, teams of 6 vs 6 with AI robots on each side)

As for explaining the classes, they didnt in tam Fortress 2 either, you just have to jump in an experiement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Have to say I am liking the game. Tried the Support and Assassin classesfirst, bad idea. Very hardto play them right. Loving the Gunner, his level 3 Passive gives him a dual-chaingun.
    I don't know, I managed to get into the Support class alright.

Anyway, might I consider a weekly boards.ie gathering every Monday night to play this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I love this game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Had a go of the demo , the Team Fortress comments are fair I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

is it good, whats it like to play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

It's pretty good, I played the demo there, not sure if I'd pay 1200 points for it though.

I only played the ones where you just have to protect the money ball, didn't play the vs other team match.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dave Roe

I've tried several times to get the quick match multiplayer to work. Each time it starts, it's already counting down to the game start but there's no other players in the game.
    Am I doing something wrong?

oOoO Dave OoOo

It's pretty good, I played the demo there, not sure if I'd pay 1200 points for it though.

I only played the ones where you just have to protect the money ball, didn't play the vs other team match.

Yeah, the Blitz mode gets a bit dull after a while. The vs mode (Crossfire) is the real star of the game, its so good. Can be easy to unbalance though if lots of people go Support though.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

I bought Limbo and Tomb Raider, tempted to get this but is the SOA deal over now? As in I wont get 400points back if I buy this as a 3rd game?

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    I bought Limbo and Tomb Raider, tempted to get this but is the SOA deal over now? As in I wont get 400points back if I buy this as a 3rd game?
    Ended on August 31st! However, I can't praise MNC enough! Plus, the first DLC is free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Played the demo and i thought it was terrible! got bored after 5 minutes.

Asmodean wrote: »
    Played the demo and i thought it was terrible! got bored after 5 minutes.
    Can you only play Blitz mode in the demo? Crossfire is where its at. I HATE Blitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Mr E wrote: »

Played the trial.
    Nice stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Healium wrote: »
    Can you only play Blitz mode in the demo? Crossfire is where its at. I HATE Blitz
    No, you can do both I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

No, you can do both I believe.

Just checked you can do both for half a hour and then the trial runs out.

Advertisement