Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWA Cable

Options
  • 11-08-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does SWA Cable need to be underground or can it be clipped to a fence or wall im running a lenght from the house to the garden shed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

yes it can be clipped with tc clips or more commonly cleats if its a hevier cable. most ppl just bury it for aesthetic reasons.

ps....if you give me the size of the cable i can tell ye the size of cleat you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

No need for it to be buried but better to have it out of harms way.(high or low). Use proper cleats and decent screws to fix it to whatever.

Make sure above all that you connected the steel wire strands to earth at both ends by using properly sized SWA glands(installed properly)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Thanks guys if I bury it does it have to be 2ft below ground level in a red tube and 1 foot above yellow warning tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

Make sure above all that you connected the steel wire strands to earth at both ends by using properly sized SWA glands(installed properly)

+1

Advertisement