Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cadetship 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oldspice

The date for the aptitude is 27th of April wonder why no email is sent out yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Just got emiail there a few mins ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Just got emiail there a few mins ago

for which service army, air corps or naval service ?

Army, few of the lads who applied with me (who should deffo make this stage at least) have not received anything yet. So I would say there must be a delay.

Just got an email there about all the stages, I assume I've been called for the aptitude test or have I?

oldspice wrote: »
    Just got an email there about all the stages, I assume I've been called for the aptitude test or have I?

Yes, thats your call up to the aptitude. Good luck with the aptitude test if the email is confusing ya :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

i got to the aptitude test for the air corps last year and it was difficult enough but good luck anyway still waiting on my email from the air corps to tell me about fitness test and first round interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 mhorda

I got that too...It says the next correspondence will be to call you for psychometric tests, so I presume you will have to wait to get that first.

Cadetship email sent out on April Fools day....the GOC snickering away in his office.

• Advertisement

mhorda wrote: »
    I got that too...It says the next correspondence will be to call you for psychometric tests, so I presume you will have to wait to get that first.
    Alright thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭richy1

any thoughts on test today. I found the time really tight only ended up doing half the questions for numerical and verbal reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

richy1 wrote: »
    any thoughts on test today. I found the time really tight only ended up doing half the questions for numerical and verbal reasoning.

Yeah completely let verbal reasoning time slip by, was fairly annoyed about that, got numerical finished though, in saying that doesn't mean it's right! :D Job simulation was fun I thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I dont think a lot of people manage to finish the numerical one. I managed to get four pages done and the test ended as i turned to the fifth. I did finish the verbal one though but found it more difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

I only found time tight for the numerical reasoning, but I answered that last four or five without any calculations, just guessed based on first glance at the answers and graph.

I finished the verbal reasoning and job simulation with a couple of minutes to spare but not enough time to really check over my answers. There were a couple I wanted to double check to on the numerical reasoning but that didn't happen.

Loads of people were saying afterwards though, that they didn't finish one or two of the tests so I wouldn't worry too much about that. But the time limit is part of the test anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

I wouldnt worry about it at all, last year I only managed to answer a little more than half of the numerical resoning questions and I still did alright, you'll find it happens most people, quality over quantity ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

some people came like they didnt give two tosses in tracksuits and the likes, its not that hard to make the effort

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kinza

It's a lot less stressful doing it the second time around! Finished the verbal reasoning and job simulation but still couldn't finish numerical reasoning, left around 8 questions out. I thought I did poorly at the numerical reasoning last time out and still got through to stage 2 so I wouldn't rule yourself out of it just yet.

The feedback I got from last year showed I did weakest in the numerical reasoning so it helped to try and work on that area before I went in today. So anyone who doesn't get through to stage 2 this time you will be much more prepared for it next time if you decide to give it another try.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

some people came like they didnt give two tosses in tracksuits and the likes, its not that hard to make the effort

In fairness it's better to wear something comfortable, like you wouldn't go wearing a shirt or anything to your college exams.

It's not an interview so theres no need to be all dressed up for it. The army dont run the tests either, the publicjobs crowd are contracted to do it and i doubt they'll be reporting back that John Murphy was wearing a suit and Sean Smith wasnt.

I thought the maths was poxy hard!!!! I completely fluffed it and still didnt manage to get anywhere near finished. The verbal reasoning was OK but I still didn't manage to get it finished.

The Job sim was annoying! I hate the "would you rat on your mates or go running to the boss asking him to solve your probelms" questions.

I ended up tying self in knots by over thinking. As I know what I would truthfully do, they know what most people would do, but do they want you to answer truthfully or do the right thing ie. Do rat and own up that you got an extra round in shoot (balls to that!)

• Advertisement

I though the Verbal reasoning was tough enough didn't finish it only got about 40 done, Numerical reasoning was ok got a bit flustered with all the info on the left page at the start but after that it was ok and Job simulation was fun.:D
    The fact we didn't know how long was left was a joke probably the reason most people didn't finish some of the tests, that was the only down side i felt.
    Hopefully I get to the next stage but if not ill be prepared better for next time as I know now what to expect.:rolleyes:

when are results out?

The fact we didn't know how long was left was a joke probably the reason most people didn't finish some of the tests, that was the only down side i felt.:

That was deliberate as you have to manage your time...which I didn't:(

But yeah for anyone wanting to try it a second time having one under your belt will be a huge benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

richy1 wrote: »
    when are results out?
    mid to end may is what the woman on the pa said

The fact we didn't know how long was left was a joke probably the reason most people didn't finish some of the tests, that was the only down side i felt.

I made sure to wear my watch with a countdown timer, it was definitely worth having it. When the timer started to beep for the last 15 seconds of the numerical reasoning I just glanced over the last four or five questions and guessed answers with no calculations. Probably got them all wrong anyway but there's no negative marking, so why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cazhater

Regards dress code, formal dress is a mark of respect!! I actually cannot believe that I seen people wearing trackies or worse- UGGS!! I mean seriously, your going a top job regardless of who does or does not see you, presentation says a lot about your personality! I understand that you want to be comfortable, but I mean just be sensible.. when or if you get in to the PDF they wont accept "it wasnt comfortable" as an excuse for improper dress code..

Thats just my view anyways..

Regards the PSYCO tests, as I call them! :) They were pretty tough, but that appears to be the general consensus. I really hate the new selection process, i mean I passed the exams no prob the last time this time the odds are slightly beyond reach..I mean you have to be with in the top 10 percentile. The problem is that the most intelligent people will achieve this, but does intelligence actually equal what is deemed a competent cadet? But fair play to those who get it!

I disagree...I think its best to wear what ever you are most comfortable in...The whole point is to get the highest marks you can like.

I only saw one PDF captain during my whole time at croker..and I highly doubt hes going to remember me!

I did pity that PDF lad wearing his STD 3 dress....he must have being ****ing roasted in that wooly jumper!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mick3001

anybody hear anything results wise yet?

No word yet man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭osullic

Nothing yet,hopefully something soon.Getting very nervous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 MitziH

Check your emails - results out today!!

Woo got an email back for army. Final 300!I reckon this year they will make us all stand shoulder to shoulder and defend the hot gates ;)

What was the total number of applicants? Nice to know I got this far atleast!

I read somewhere it was around 1440 for the army, congrats to all who got through by the way! To those that didnt, there is always next year.

A month now until the fitness test, probably should do a wee bit of running haha :)

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Woo got an email back for army. Final 300!I reckon this year they will make us all stand shoulder to shoulder and defend the hot gates ;)

What was the total number of applicants? Nice to know I got this far atleast!

see you there dude :D

I've never been so nervous opening an email ... good news though I'm happy to say. Congrats to everyone who was successful :D

Hard luck to everyone who wasn't and better luck next time. I found doing the KC Training preparation course very helpful, so keep that in mind.

Got through on both the army and Navy.
    So excited.
    Got to get running more,Haven't been able to run much over the last while as I've had a bit of knee trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Smurf8

316th for the army........ im well annoyed!

ah well with a bit of improvement maybe next year!

how do ya know that you were 316th. My email just told me I was unsuccessful.

it said it in my e-mail, the weird thing was it said I was successfull, but then i rang the competitions section because I knew it was only the top 300 that were being taking through to stage 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭BuckJamesRogers

Smurf8 wrote: »
    it said it in my e-mail, the weird thing was it said I was successfull, but then i rang the competitions section because I knew it was only the top 300 that were being taking through to stage 2

it meant that you were successful at the test itself, meaning you passed that but that your passing grade was not necessarily high enough to get the next stage. Hard luck man, keep the head up and you'll get it next time

Thanks man, I’ve another 2 tries before I’m over the age limit so I’m not finished yet!

Best of luck to everyone else who got through to stage 2 tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭BuckJamesRogers

Smurf8 wrote: »
    Thanks man, I’ve another 2 tries before I’m over the age limit so I’m not finished yet!

Best of luck to everyone else who got through to stage 2 tho.

No sweat and thanks :)

Really have to get out running more too!

I got my email today and surpisingly i was successful. I felt going out of the test that i had down worse than last time but i actually did better. I was placed 125th this time compared to 164th last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mick3001

Got through aswell, lookin forward to meetin a few of you lads at the next stage! Now to start running...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Laochra333

Yeah I got through also thank god knew that A in JC english would come in handy someday! :L
    Not looking forward to this running business i have the LC in a few weeks so getting a bit stuck for time everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Evangelion

If you can't already do the run, you want to be out 5-6 times a week. I was in the same boat last year. Did my 5 times a week for 4 weeks and still only barely scraped the time

Evangelion wrote: »
    If you can't already do the run, you want to be out 5-6 times a week. I was in the same boat last year. Did my 5 times a week for 4 weeks and still only barely scraped the time

It also depends on what his base fitness level is,most people that run that often for 4 weeks will easily get below the time.

• Anyone do the preliminary interview for the Air Corps and stilll waiting on word back to see if they go through to aptitude tests ?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cronierocket

Yep - got word today from Air Corps. Delighted isn't the word! back of the net!!!

• Fairplay:DI havent heard anything yet:(. Hopefully later today maybe:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement