Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cadetship 2011

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Kosseegan wrote: »
    A what???

A person who lives next door to your flat. On the other side is a righttenant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 mhorda

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Congrats lads! Rejectionville here. Best of luck with medical.

Same here! ah well next year ill be there again!

congrats to all those successful, ill see all the guys who didnt get it next year :)

How does one go about applying for feedback btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

mhorda wrote: »
    Same here! ah well next year ill be there again!

congrats to all those successful, ill see all the guys who didnt get it next year :)

How does one go about applying for feedback btw?

Just send an email to the recruitment section and ask, may take awhile to get to you, but it really helps if you're going to apply next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Civil Def

shep556 wrote: »
    Could be wrong ash but I thought I read somewhere that successful applicants can claim any expenses incurred during the competition process.

Drinks on you first night in the mess so! :D

that would be super and yes beers on me (if i get in that is):)

shep556 wrote: »
    Could be wrong ash but I thought I read somewhere that successful applicants can claim any expenses incurred during the competition process.

Drinks on you first night in the mess so! :D

that would be super and yes beers on me (if i get in that is):)

A what???

yea thank god spelling is not a major requirement for the cadets otherwise Id be gone at the first step :o

A what???

yea thank god spelling is not a major requirement of the cadets otherwise id be out at the first step :o

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JD RoX

When is the next recruitment? Does anyone know the dates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 davytheram

Heard from a lieutenent today that he thinks word will be round the same time as leaving cert results..
    thursday week they are

Not much longer to wait now lads!! Best of luck to all!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LFC96

Why is the official day Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

After Leaving cert results and CAO offers surely?

The CAO offers arn't out till monday so maybe it will be next week.......

Wouldn't have thought the CAO results would matter, its nothing to do with it, hopefully we'll know when the leaving results are out! Anyone's guess is as good as mine at this stage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

As regards the leaving results, my son was accepted prior to sitting his leaving cert about four years ago. He had to pass all subjects he had on his syllabus, he could not drop any and had to pass everything.

The day after his results, he was 1st reserve and he proceeded to accept his COA ~ then on the Monday an urgent phone call .......... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DPMURPH1

Just wanted to say best of luck to all those still in the competition,
    hope ye hear soon, i was bad enough just waiting for interview reply, but this must be torture ha:o
    It will be worth it,
    and to those also waiting on LC results best of luck,
    i'll be seeing ye in a years time again, with positive results next time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lemur762

Just off the phone with the competitions section there. We'r getting word on the 30th, via phonecall and/or email. So much for finding out this week :( Im actually fit to be tied here

Is this serious? Not till the 30th?? Ahhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

lemur762 wrote: »
    Just off the phone with the competitions section there. We'r getting word on the 30th, via phonecall and/or email. So much for finding out this week :( Im actually fit to be tied here
    The wait must be killing you guys, best to just get out for a bit of training

• Advertisement

Fraid so kid. Surely that would rule out a september start to training? Bit short notice like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

lemur762 wrote: »
    Fraid so kid. Surely that would rule out a september start to training? Bit short notice like!
    I see an early October start

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DPMURPH1

3RD of october was the original start date

today is the day, just got a great phonecall. starting the 3rd of october, cant wait. good luck to everyone!:D

I'll see you in October!! Delighted!! It hasnt fully sunk in yet :) Congrats to everyone!

To those that didnt make it, my deepest commiserations, I was in your position last year so I know how it feels. My advice would be to definitely apply again next year, its very close at the final 30, a tiny improvement and you'll get in. All the best :)

See ye there lads! :D Whats the story with this second medical?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chubbysteve18

Anyone hear anything about the naval cadetship yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 soldier boy

Well done to all successful candidates in the competition this year, i was there myself but wasn't one of ye ha. Next year hopefully and i'll stand among ye :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jamc23

Hi lads,

Was thinking of applying for a cadetship possibly next year all going well, just wondering what is the usual term for an officer after completing training, I know from military.ie that it says a guaranteed 12yrs but is this a mandatory 12 years or how does it work.

Thanks!

it sounds good that your doing a bit of research in to the career, but it sounds like you are looking for the "out" option before you even given it a shot. id be more focused on preparing youself for it and getting it,, you should only be going if you see it as a lifetime career setting yourself goals etc. as they say its a life less ordinary not 12 years less ordinary..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

How do you apply for feed back lads?

WF

• Advertisement

just email the competition section and say what feedback you want, ie interviews, tests, group assessments, run times etc, as far as i know you have to wait until the comp is taken in which will be the 3rd of october.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

can i really get feedback for the group assessments?

i didnt make it to the interview though!

PaurGasm wrote: »
    can i really get feedback for the group assessments?

i didnt make it to the interview though!

Yes, As far as i know or what i remember being told, you can. don't hold me to it in case you can't but it may be worth a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Anyone heard anything back from an FOI feedback request

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Anyone heard anything back from an FOI feedback request

i was told it takes about two weeks to get the info from the competition section, but that they cant start the two weeks until the class had gone in so as that was monday last week then you can apply away i reckon

hope that helped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jamc23

Hey,
    does anyone know what the ratio is like for first time applicants getting the cadetship or is it often the case of getting it the second time through use of previous experience. obviously competition would tough either way. Just curious what chances are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

jamc23 wrote: »
    . obviously competition would tough either way. Just curious what chances are?

Quite a few would be first time selection, passing and commissioning.

It's very difficult to get interviewed again, but it does happen. Others are disciplined and sent back to the beginning which can happen in the very last month.

You will heard stories of candidates being interviewed and accepted a few times, but it cannot be more than three or four times for age reasons, unless they applied at fifteen.

You will also hear of people who graduated Sandhurst, left, joined the Irish Gardai, left and became and Irish Officer claiming it having been the hardest system to apply to, be accepted and be successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

From what I've seen getting in first time is the absolute minority. I've heard of people going 5 times. Particularly nowadays as competition is insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

A friend of mine got in as a schoolleaver and was one of only 2 non-graduates taken on that year.
    Competition is seriously intense.

Advertisement