Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Graphic design courses

Options
  • 11-08-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I have been thinking about doing a graphic design course next year but I am not sure where to start looking.

Living in Galway, I have checked the GMIT BA in Art and Design but was wondering if it would be a good enough to get a job as a graphic designer?

Just wondering if any of you would have a good course (full-time if possible) to recommend in Ireland (or in Europe).

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I'm doing Graphic Design in Limerick School of Art and Design and it's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HappyKate

Hi there,

the same problem, can't find good ones in Cork city? Can anybody recommend good ones in Cork?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Budget Marketing

Note that graphic design jobs are not only based on the course/degree one has completed but more so based on the industry experience and portfolio of the candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Blank_

wong wrote: »
    I'm doing Graphic Design in Limerick School of Art and Design and it's brilliant.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Note that graphic design jobs are not only based on the course/degree one has completed but more so based on the industry experience and portfolio of the candidate.

Oh yes I realise this, my question was more if a "generic" BA in Art and Design would give me the skills to work as a Graphic Designer? Sorry I wasnt clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

wong wrote: »
    The Limerick course is amazing people, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Sorry to hijack, but can anybody recommentd a 1 year course (preferably around Limerick)? I've just done 4 years at LSAD (Sculpture/Media) and don't have the funds to do another 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clare1992

PJTIERNEY : try limerick senior but i cud b wrong, its possible they cud b full

i'm thinkin of goin 2 LIT as well next year to do art and design and hopefully i will get 850 (portfolio points and my 375 cao points frm this yr combined) . my problem is tho wat will i do 4 a year !! .... any1 else on the same boat ?

Advertisement