Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cannot get gold r4i to work...HELP

Options
  • 11-08-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

what i am i doing wrong??

i am downloading correct firmware and copying it to sd card and still nothing

Can anyone give me a step by step tutorial as i have been trawling through google for hours and hours and still nothing. I know its a big ask but i have 2 kids here all excited about new r4i cards and i have nothing for them.

Fairly tech savvy and my head is still melted

This is the screen I am getting when I click on the r4i (Star Wars Lethal Alliance Ubusoft)

IMG_0456.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ubisoft won't appreciate us helping you to pirate their software. Flash card discussion is allowed, but no discussion on running proprietary software/copyrighted roms I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Witnessmenow has informed me that the newer flash cards work by imitating genuine games, so I've reopened the thread. The way I read the post initially to me sounded like the OP was trying to boot an actual Star Wars DS rom, I wasn't aware of this imitation feature.

My mistake, apologies OP :o

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

no probs...i am still confused:confused::D

ok i think i have progressed a little and i think my problem is zipped files. i havent a clue how to unzip them on mac....sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The card doesn't seem to able to find any software on your card. 4 possible scenarios:
    1. Wrong software - Where are you getting the software from?
    2. Incompatiple micro sd - What size is the card, do you have another one you can try?
    3. You're putting the software in the wrong place - What files and folder are you dragging onto the card. Are you draggin it to the card root (first thing that appears as soon as you open the card)
    4. Faulty card - :(

EDIT: zipped files would do it ok! Normally you drag a a couple of files and a couple of folders to the root of the card.

As for macs, I wouldnt know much cause i use real OSs (:P) but this might help

i am certain software and sd card are compatible.

However i am not 100% sure about if i am on card root. there only seems to be one place when i open the card on the mac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If its a blank SD card then that sounds right, are you still using zipped files?

I'm not familiar with the R4i gold but take for example this is how you would set up the original R4 card, They probably havent changed much since:

The right being the micro sd, the left being the firmware after its unzipped

EasySnap1.jpg

sound thanks a million for all that, really appreciate it. Ill have a good go at it later when i can concentrate and report back. Thanks a mill

(would never go back to windows in a fit:eek:)

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

I'm in a similar position. Bought the card,didn't even know what it was. Younf fella all excited but foiled by my lack of techie know how.

I downloaded the firmware (version 1.80). Used winrar to extract it. However now I can't find the 3 files I am supposed to copy to the micro SD card.

Founds this instructions at http://www.r4i-advance.com/en/guide.asp

"Part 1: 1. Please download the newest kernel for our website, and explode it. Then Copy the files named "_DS_MENU.DA","_DS_MSHL.NDS" and "_DS_MENU.INI", the folder "_system_" and "_system_" to your microSD card.

2. Explode or Copy *.nds files from the *.rar or *.zip files that you downloaded to your microSD card.
    3. If you want upgrade your R4i-advance kernel in the future, then you can do like install kernel.

Part 2: 1. Make sure microSD card with Kernel is inserted in R4i-advance, then insert R4i-advance in NDS SLOT-1 port.

2. Turn on NDS, Touch the “GAME" The first icon) to enter Game GUI; Press 'START' to go back to main menu.

3. There is a file list on the top screen, and the detail of game that you choose. Press 'A' button or touch screen to run this game.

Advertisement