Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Aungier St Medical Centre

Options
  • 11-08-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Is it possible to see a doctor today/tomorrow as a dit student in aungier st? How much does it cost if anything at all?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Hey there,

If you ring 01 4023051, I'm pretty sure that their is a nurse there and she can tell you about the docs!

Here's the link you need as well:

http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/healthservice/outofhours/

I think it's €30 to see the doctor if you don't have a medical card, but if you have you medical card bring it with you

All the best,

Candy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

candy19 wrote: »
    Hey there,

If you ring 01 4023051, I'm pretty sure that their is a nurse there and she can tell you about the docs!

Here's the link you need as well:

http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/healthservice/outofhours/

I think it's €30 to see the doctor if you don't have a medical card, but if you have you medical card bring it with you

All the best,

Candy!

Has it gone up or is that a summer time thing? I went during college last year about three times with no medical card and I got free treatment. I thought I had to pay and the woman at the desk laughed at me and said it was free.

JenniFurr wrote: »
    Has it gone up or is that a summer time thing? I went during college last year about three times with no medical card and I got free treatment. I thought I had to pay and the woman at the desk laughed at me and said it was free.

Ah you only pay if you have to see the Doctor in their private practice in Ranelagh, you pay nothing to see them in Aungier St!:D

Think it's just the nurses thats about the college during the summer so they'll advise you on where to go and what to do! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

candy19 wrote: »
    Ah you only pay if you have to see the Doctor in their private practice in Ranelagh, you pay nothing to see them in Aungier St!:D

Think it's just the nurses thats about the college during the summer so they'll advise you on where to go and what to do! :)

Ah thanks for that clear up. I thought if I needed to go during college that I would have to pay €30 come September! I was thinking if I ever needed a sick note it was really going to cost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nominal

thanks everyone, I spoke to the nurse, its free to see her unless you need to see the doc which will be about 30 euro - cheaper than my local doc which is about 50 or 60!!

• Advertisement

No Problem, hope your ok!

Candy x

Advertisement