Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom vs Vodafone-stuck in middle!!

Options
  • 11-08-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all,

In April I took out a 1 year contract with vodafone for landline/broadband. I have recently moved to a new house where I need a phone line installed to continue my contract.The only telephone company that installs landlines in Ireland is Eircom. They will only install it if I take a 6month contract with them. I have offered to pay for the technician visit/labour but they have declined. I contacted Vodafone and they have said I have to pay €330 cancellation fee. When I took out contract there was possibility of me moving house and I enquired could I take contract to different address. They said yes. They are now saying that they said 'yes' providing a landline is installed. THis was not said to me at the time (but apparently is in terms and conditions acc to vodafone!). I am happy with vodafone-very frustrated re eircome terms and conditions and it seems to me the only person thats going to get caught in this is myself!!!
    Has anyone else encountered this problem?? If so how did it work out?? If not any ssuggestions/feedback!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

teagasc wrote: »
    They said yes. They are now saying that they said 'yes' providing a landline is installed. THis was not said to me at the time (but apparently is in terms and conditions acc to vodafone!).

It should be obvious that you couldn't continue a land line based service without a land line, so one would definitely be needed.

You can buy out of the eircom contract for €130, or something like that. Get eircom to install the line, then move to Vodafone and eircom will bill you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

teagasc wrote: »
    Hello all,

In April I took out a 1 year contract with vodafone for landline/broadband. I have recently moved to a new house where I need a phone line installed to continue my contract.The only telephone company that installs landlines in Ireland is Eircom. They will only install it if I take a 6month contract with them. I have offered to pay for the technician visit/labour but they have declined. I contacted Vodafone and they have said I have to pay €330 cancellation fee. When I took out contract there was possibility of me moving house and I enquired could I take contract to different address. They said yes. They are now saying that they said 'yes' providing a landline is installed. THis was not said to me at the time (but apparently is in terms and conditions acc to vodafone!). I am happy with vodafone-very frustrated re eircome terms and conditions and it seems to me the only person thats going to get caught in this is myself!!!
    Has anyone else encountered this problem?? If so how did it work out?? If not any ssuggestions/feedback!!

Cheapest option is to tell Eircom you moved house, ask them to move service and then switch over to whoever when the contract is up.

Advertisement