Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Borg are ****

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Pffftt.......plot holes:rolleyes:

It had action! Action action kick ass action. No bloody peace conferences or diplomatic missions. Ass-whooping abounds!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

They only flew a sphere through lol

I was waiting for that. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Yeah that annoyed me no end, didn't Paris or Chakotay even try to bed one?

Paris got with the Klingon. Chakotay tried to bed a member of species 8472 in human disguise. I imagine the scene would be not unlike the octopus sex scene in "Galaxy quest".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

It had action! Action action kick ass action. No bloody peace conferences or diplomatic missions. Ass-whooping abounds!!

So not fully Star Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Voyager just ruined the Borg.

I loved them in First Contact and TNG. I'm glad DS9 writers had the sense not to touch the Borg.

Damn you Captain Painway :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

ASSIMILATE THIS!!!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Riskymove wrote: »
    over the years there have been various examples of just that in star trek

'Captain, its theoretically possible....but never been tried!!!!' etc etc

That would have been a great ending to Voyager

The bridge is on fire, and the ship is about to explode, and the last line is Torres to Janeway, "Look captain, I told you it had never been tried!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I totally agree with the spirit of the post but...
    A ship of that size would leave a huge quantity of wreckage that the Feds could pour over and analyze forever basically and come up with all sorts of tech gains.

In fairness though, that kind of justifies the Borg becoming less threatening.

All in all, though, Star Trek has kind of ruined premises like this. Time Travel and the Borg have been two of my favourite aspects of Star Trek, and both of them have been ruined by trivialising them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

I think the Borg are **** and here’s why...
    First appearance and Best of both worlds were really good but since then it has all been crap. Totally evil and unstoppable apart from a very good way of “killing” them thought up. Also what happened to the ship wreckage? A ship of that size would leave a huge quantity of wreckage that the Feds could pour over and analyze forever basically and come up with all sorts of tech gains.

First Contact:

Why send only one ship?
    How come it does not take one shot to slag the entire launch area, the cube could take down Starfleet warships (akiras) with greater ease?
    Why not go further back in time?
    Why not transport to a major city and start assimilating everyone they meet?
    Why not learn from that failure and go back in time in the Delta Quad and travel from there or meet past selves and improve.

Voyager:

Where to start, so many fails.
    Final episode established a transwarp exit in the Sol system, why did they not use that previously and send dozens of ships directly to earth?
    Assimilating Janeway, Tuvok & Torres, how can they not be aware that it hasn’t worked properly? Do they not have systems and diagnostics in place to foresee such problems? Why doesn’t the ship change to trap or kill them?
    Why at any point after meeting the borg first do they never simply drop out of transwarp and frag Voyager or assimilate it. It had proven to be both a threat and a tech source.

Every episode from BOBW 2 waters them down to virtually nothing

Cannon Fodder tries to explain the apparent lack of thunder the Borg apply to the Federation here.

Advertisement