Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy Volunteers - The Rising

Options
  • 11-08-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello

I wonder if anyone has any information about the men in the attached photograph?

My grandfather is Sean Gallagher and I have started researching my family history. I am based in London and it would be great to hear from relatives of any of the other men or see any photos from the same period.

My email address is itagallagher@yahoo.co.uk

Best wishes
    Ita

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Nicholas Furlong, the local historian, would be the man to get in touch with I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Ita, is Sean Gallagher any relation to Maura Gallagher, who moved to Salford? If so, my mother will be able to give you all the info you need about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ItaGallagher

Yes, I believe she's his daughter. It would be great to get some info if possible.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Ita

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Ita, I've emailed you details on how to get hold of my mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jillykins

Hello Ita,

Ita was my mother's name, her sister was Elizabeth Mary, known as May, who married a Sean Gallagher; they in turn had a son Sean. We have today seen the original of the photo Sean posted in Enniscorthy Castle. They had nine children in total including Ita who I think married Eric Citroen.We are in Enniscorthy on holiday and have seen where the family are listed as living in 8 Mill Park Road, then the Bank House that Ita senior told me about, with the garden going down to the river!
    Perhaps there is more !
    Jill Richards ( nee Taylor)

• Advertisement
Advertisement