Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann city bus that goes past Knocknacarra Road?

Options
  • 11-08-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

hi,

Thinking of maybe moving to the Knocknacarra road area. Is it the no 1 city bus that passes/stops at the bus stop just up the Knocknacarra road from KC Blakes Pantry? I dont see a bus stop at the other side of the road anywhere - is it the one further along the prom (away from town) that I would get to go in to town from Knocknacarra road?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

buzz55 wrote: »
    hi,

Thinking of maybe moving to the Knocknacarra road area. Is it the no 1 city bus that passes/stops at the bus stop just up the Knocknacarra road from KC Blakes Pantry? I dont see a bus stop at the other side of the road anywhere - is it the one further along the prom (away from town) that I would get to go in to town from Knocknacarra road?

thanks

The no.2 bus occasionally runs that road on the way back to town but i think that's it. And that's the only stop on that road as it turns into Knocknacarra Park and then returns to town via Taylor's Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I used to get the 2 from Knocknacarra (Joyce's, Shangort Road) to Renmore that went past KC Blake's. I don't know if the 2's that just stop in town go that way. I'm sure JustMary will know tho, she's a divil for the buses !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

It's the No 2 alright. Just checked my printed 2W timetable.
    There are 43 buses on weekdays. 16 of these do not go on the Knocknacarra Rd (you would need to walk over to the Kingston Rd) but the remainder do.

JustMary's site has all the info

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

2w to be even more exact - 2d's "do not serve Knocknacarra Rd".

There's no bus stop on the other side of the road 'cos they do a loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Really appreciate your help, thanks a mil ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement