Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Happy Holiday Hearth

• 11-08-2010 2:51pm

51799K7WVHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just wanted to share this with you all. Someone mentioned a thing to me recently called a fireplace DVD. These display a fire on your TV screen effectively changing it into a giant fireplace. Well I did some searching and noticed there were also Christmas themed ones. I eventually found the Happy Holiday Hearth. It's great! I've linked to it on Amazon UK so it's easier to buy but if you look on the Amazon.com it's very popular with many positive reviews from our US cousins.

It's only around a fiver and well worth it in my opinion. These sort of things seem more popular in the US than here for some reason. Bear in mind though that it's a Region 1 DVD and will need a compatible DVD player. It's the best selling one of its kind on Amazon and the best reviewed. You have the option of just the fire only or with a crackling sound and/or Christmas carols in the background. There are 23 different carols.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 brigadoon

Is it wrong that I really want one of those to play NOW??!!
    This is why I have to use a real Christmas tree... I already put that up waaaay too early; but if it was a fake one it'd go up as soon as the Halloween decorations came down (if not earlier) :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Aw! sounds so xmassy and cosy!! i want one! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I dont have the christmas one, but i do have a fireplace dvd, bought it cos we lived in an apartment in the Middle East with no fireplace, and no christmas spirit. It was brilliant, it even crackles! :D

Advertisement