Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning Sickness..

Options
  • 11-08-2010 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

At what point do you need to go to a doctor or the hospital with morning sickness.

My sister is currently 8 weeks pregnant and the past 2 or 3 weeks, she has been really bad with morning sickness... well its pretty much all day long sickness. Barely anything will stay down all day and now its getting to the stage where if she has a cup of tea or a glass of water she is getting sick

I have told her that she needs to go to her doctor because if she isnt keeping fluids down, she is going to make herself in worse shape as she will start feeling really weak and could pass out, but she thinks she would be stupid going to the doctober and any pregnant person goes through the same thing..

Im just looking for advice.... is morning sickness usually this bad or should she see someone?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you loose over 10% of your body weight or if you are very dehydrated is when they become concerned.
    What she has sounds pretty normal but she should definitely mention it at her next doctors visit or if she looses a lot of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭a123

Call her doctor and she will more than likely write you a note to have her seen in hospital. Severe morning sickness is called hyperemisis gravidarium . If she can no longer keep fluids down she needs to be seen asap. It is better to get it checked out and get fluids into her as it gets worse if you don't keep hydrated.

Best of luck to her, I had this with my little girl and was admitted at wk 7, like your sister thought it was just bad morning sickness but thankfully my partner rang the doctor for me. Fair play to you for looking after her

Advertisement