Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De-subscribe from a thread : help!

Options
  • 11-08-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭

I made the mistake of posting a message to the Liveline thread and I keep getting email updates telling me about replies to posts.

How do I unsubscribe/desubscribe from that thread so as to terminate email updates?

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Go into the thread, then Thread Tools > Unsubscribe from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

seamus wrote: »

Thank you very much for this reply.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Also, if you want to 'Unsubscribe' from multiple threads, but forget which threads you are subscribed too.

Click on User CP (Control Panel) in the top left there, just under the Boards.ie Logo.

You will then see a list of all the threads that you are subscribed to.

Beside each thread you will see a 'Reply' and an 'Unsubscribe' option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Also, if you want to 'Unsubscribe' from multiple threads, but forget which threads you are subscribed too.

Click on User CP (Control Panel) in the top left there, just under the Boards.ie Logo.

You will then see a list of all the threads that you are subscribed to.

Beside each thread you will see a 'Reply' and an 'Unsubscribe' option.

Thanks Outlaw.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're about to make this a lot easier (both "following" a thread and "unfollowing" it... yeah, we couldnt think of a better word, if you can, let us know! )

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't know maybe you can let someone say when they "like" a thread, and then you can measure the number of people who "like" each thread and notify those people of new replies they they may also "like".

No-one's ever thought of that before :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I don't know maybe you can let someone say when they "like" a thread, and then you can measure the number of people who "like" each thread and notify those people of new replies they they may also "like".

I like it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

DeVore wrote: »
    We're about to make this a lot easier (both "following" a thread and "unfollowing" it... yeah, we couldnt think of a better word, if you can, let us know! )

DeV.
    Desubscribing sounds much cooler than unsubscribing for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

DeV.
    Dismiss. Drop. Rescind. :)

To the op. You can always turn off notifications and stay subbed.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We've a minor UI upgrade about to go live that I've wanted for many years.... should be out by Tuesday...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

we couldnt think of a better word, if you can, let us know!
    Stalking and dissing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Dissing? So you don't un/de/subscribe but insult it, instead?
    No, I ignore it and disrespect it in my head :)

OK, OK: Stalk and Walk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

When I'm unsubscribing from a thread I make jet fighter sounds and then say in a sexy low tone voice:

".. disengaging from thread .. I'm outta here Maverick.."

Just adds to the whole experience of Boards I feel.

Advertisement