Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today FM - New Morning Show time?

• 11-08-2010 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

How come the Ray Foley show starts at 11am now? Is it to put Darcy directly against Tubbers as he will be on 9-11 from Monday week? I hadn't heard him for a long time until today. I can't believe what passes for entertainment these days!!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

How come the Ray Foley show starts at 11am now? Is it to put Darcy directly against Tubbers as he will be on 9-11 from Monday week? I hadn't heard him for a long time until today. I can't believe what passes for entertainment these days!!:confused:

I've been tuning in to Today FM the past week while I've been off work for the first time in ages. It looks like it's just while D'Arcy is away for 2 weeks on holidays that they're doing the change in timetables. 3 hours would probably be too much for Neil Delamere, though he's doing a good job filling in for Ray this week.

Ray Foley on the other hand.....AAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: I better not start or I'll break my laptop! Let's just say I'm not a fan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

I couldn't agree more. As I said earlier I haven't heard his show for ages and I can't believe how childish it was today. I endured about ten minutes. It's woeful rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

Im a big Ray Foley fan and think the extra hour is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Yay. +1 I'd like that to be permanent.

Fago! wrote: »
    Yay. +1 I'd like that to be permanent.
    Ah will ye stop! Ye couldn't honestly be turned on by that childish gibberish are ye?

• Advertisement

How are Meteor awards decided? Phone polls?;)

Ah will ye stop! Ye couldn't honestly be turned on by that childish gibberish are ye?

Well.... yeah.

You clearly are too close minded to understand the show's humour and accept that people (160,000 people to be exact *more listeners than you have*) like that type of radio. There's a huge market for his style. Obviously there is otherwise Today Fm would make no money in that slot and he'd have no job.

How are Meteor awards decided? Phone polls?;)

Text polls.

Text polls.
    Ah, right. Scientific so. No doubt it's all legit then;)

Ah, right. Scientific so. No doubt it's all legit then;)

He's also won a few ppi awards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

You clearly are too close minded to understand the show's humour and accept that people (160,000 people to be exact *more listeners than you have*)

That figure will drop significantly next month when all the kids go back to school.

Ray Foley wouldn't annoy me half as much if he could take criticism. He's had issues with Boards before hasn't he? Along with another forum I used to frequent. And anything bad that's written about him on one of the Today FM (think it was You Tube?) pages used to be taken down while other DJ's left the bad comments up. Not sure if this is still the case but it used to be. That's why I dislike him so much, he can give but he can't take.

Surprised he isn't on here already crying and accusing us of being jealous :rolleyes:

Boxfresh wrote: »
    That figure will drop significantly next month when all the kids go back to school.

I'd say so boxy. But that's always happened *I think*. Still miles better than anything on lunchtime.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Ray Foley wouldn't annoy me half as much if he could take criticism. He's had issues with Boards before hasn't he? Along with another forum I used to frequent. And anything bad that's written about him on one of the Today FM (think it was You Tube?) pages used to be taken down while other DJ's left the bad comments up. Not sure if this is still the case but it used to be. That's why I dislike him so much, he can give but he can't take.

To be fair, would you like if people were always calling you a useless ****? :pac:
    Surprised he isn't on here already crying and accusing us of being jealous :rolleyes:

He can't, he's banned ahaha. Poor lad.

To be fair, would you like if people were always calling you a useless ****? :pac:

He can't, he's banned ahaha. Poor lad.

Plenty of DJs get abuse on a daily basis. All part of the job they're in. No need to throw his toys out of the pram over it ;)

Any links to why he was banned? I could do with a laugh today :P

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Plenty of DJs get abuse on a daily basis. All part of the job they're in. No need to throw his toys out of the pram over it ;)

Any links to why he was banned? I could do with a laugh today :P

Not sure exactly, but it was for "spamming", whereas I saw no spam in his post history. He had like 20 posts, 4 of which were here defending himself. Nothin interesting tbh. Not really worth the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

ah, turned on? no it doesnt turn me on (thats kinda sick), but ya I do enjoy it and even downlaod the podcast to listen to it if I miss it. ;)

ah, turned on? no it doesnt turn me on (thats kinda sick), but ya I do enjoy it and even downlaod the podcast to listen to it if I miss it. ;)

Hehe "eh yeah ok"

/fap fap fap

*splosh*

/lights up cigarette

To be fair, would you like if people were always calling you a useless ****
    When you put yourself up there on National Radio and regularly take snide swipes at others on air, you should be able to take it too.

When you put yourself up there on National Radio and regularly take snide swipes at others on air, you should be able to take it too.

I agree, but I'd say it's not just him. He's just vocal about it. Nikki Hayes is the same. She got her friend to give out to a boardsie friend of mine because she was heavily criticised by said boardsie.

• Advertisement

I got the impression that Nikki was 'planting' the stories about herself in the papers via a journalist 'friend'?

I got the impression that Nikki was 'planting' the stories about herself in the papers via a journalist 'friend'?

That's probably true!

You know what they say: any publicity is good publicity... I'm not so sure myself though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Cosing thread as it's turned into another Ray Foley discussion. A thread has been set up for that already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement