Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAMADA HOTEL

• 11-08-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

hi folks , we are just back home in galway after staying a few days in the ramada hotel , its the best hotel we have stayed in, the rooms we had were caterd for familys as they were connected to kids room, any other hotel had family rooms as in all of us in the same room , staff are grand , the selfservice breakfeasts are brill,,we didnt want food again till 3-4pm, on the beach in tramore but very windy so we went to the amusements which were ok for the kids cos they loved it ,that made us happy,we dont get away that often so this was a big deal for them. im back now in galway on me laptop , so if any of you know any of the staff in the ramada tell them thank you....has anyone had a bad time at the said hotel?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Hi OP,

I eat in the Ramada once a week for lunch and I like the carvery. I know a few friends who don't like the meals their but then again some of the places I go to with them isn't great either, so personal taste I suppose. It is always busy when I go there and seems to be doing well. I too find the staff very friendly and helpful. I know a few people who stayed there over the last few years and they also had positive experiences like yourself.

It's quite possible someone has had a bad experience there like any place. But i think in general it is a successful hotel in Waterford.

You could send them an email just in case no one from the Ramada reads this forum, i'm sure they would like to hear your feedback.

http://www.ramadavikinghotel.ie/contact_us.html

- BFG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

fairplay to you for taking the time to write a good report, 99.9% of the time people will only take the time to complain

you have a positive mental attitude... well done

have eaten in the ramada myself a few times and always found it nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Family who came to stay there had a bad experience with the person who was booking them in. We had to go down and sort it out and spoke to the same person, not very nice at all to say the least and made us feel like complete dirt while we tried to explain to her where she had messed up and get her to fix it. Her mistake but treated all of us like crap trying to cover her tracks and get rid of us, even though we were being very decent about it. Her manager sorted it (and hopefully the person booking it also)

BUT! When they got to the hotel and for their whole stay there everything was spot on perfect. They were very happy with the staff, room and food and would stay again, but hopefully get someone else to do the booking. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Have to agree with baronflyguy the food is very nice as far as carvery food goes and not overpriced either. I eat there twice a week and find the place very clean and the staff very efficient. In the 2 years i've been going there i never had to complain... a thumbs up from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Hope you had a nice break in the city OP. What did you get up to when you were down. I was never in the Ramada myself but anyone I know who stayed there found it very pleasant. There was a Ramada outside Ballina too but it was run to the ground. Bit of a silly place to build such a massive new hotel but that was back during the boom years of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Go onto tripadvisor.com and leave a review there, I review every hotel i stay in on that, its brilliant for picking somewhere to stay too! Glad you had fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

michellie wrote: »
    Go onto tripadvisor.com and leave a review there, I review every hotel i stay in on that, its brilliant for picking somewhere to stay too! Glad you had fun :D

The Ramada is a very good hotel to stay in .
    No airs & graces about it but the staff are very good & helpful which is half the battle when staying in any hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

All carvery food can be a bit hit or miss depending how long its has been in the Bain Marie and under the lamps.

Ramada would be up there with the best, busy spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

one of the nights that we stayed who ever that was next door to us were very loud in their room at 1am,, i was so tired after the kids on the beach in tramore i was sleeping but hubbie got woke up by them it went on for 45mins before i woke, so he got up went up to the night manager and told him ,the manager came to the door to listen ,he was not impressed so he called them to tell them to stop cos a few people were complaining about them, it stoped in few mins after, well done night manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ it's not situations like this that should give hotels a good or bad rep (as it often can do) but how the staff deal with it once it happens.

I stayed in the woodlands once and some coked up gob****e went bananas at his wife and kids in the room down the hall from us. They turfed him out pretty much straight away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

cats.life wrote: »
    one of the nights that we stayed who ever that was next door to us were very loud in their room at 1am,, i was so tired after the kids on the beach in tramore i was sleeping but hubbie got woke up by them it went on for 45mins before i woke, so he got up went up to the night manager and told him ,the manager came to the door to listen ,he was not impressed so he called them to tell them to stop cos a few people were complaining about them, it stoped in few mins after, well done night manager.

This reminds me of a stay in Spain with wife and two young children. A group of young lads in a room across the corridor were very loud. I called reception and two armed security guards knocked at my door a few minutes later. They checked that I had made the call and if asked me to confirm which room I had been talking about though that was hardly necessary as they could hear the noise. They knocked on the door and simply told the lads that it was shut up or be put out out. Silence, immediate silence.

Advertisement