Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jim Jim denies rift [Article]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 AllForOne

yes it looks like jim is gone and the new line up will be

Damian Farrelly 5-7
    Hector 7-9
    Tubridy 9-11
    Colm Hayes 11-1
    Larry Gogan 1-2
    Rick O'Shea 2-4 or 4.30
    Will Leahy 4 or 4.30 -7
    Dave Fanning 7-9
    Jenny Huston 9-11
    Dan Hegarty 11-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Colm and Jim Jim,which one is the older one again?

I can never get it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    Colm and Jim Jim,which one is the older one again?

I can never get it right.
    Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

AllForOne wrote: »

Damian Farrelly 5-7
    Hector 7-9
    Tubridy 9-11
    Colm Hayes 11-1
    Larry Gogan 1-2
    Rick O'Shea 2-4 or 4.30
    Will Leahy 4 or 4.30 -7
    Dave Fanning 7-9
    Jenny Huston 9-11
    Dan Hegarty 11-1

I wouldn't put money on this line up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

am i missing something, why would jim-jim leave? in the colm-jimjim duo isnt jimjim the more talented one. even if they were split surely hes good enough to be moved somewhere in the schedule.

Btr wrote: »
    I wouldn't put money on this line up!!

No I wouldn't put money on anything on 2fm!! This is the latest one I've heard but I'm pretty sure its 'the one'.

Jim has definately finished up, not sure why they didn't have something else for him, I've always liked him on air. Would have liked to see him get an evening show!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 The Fame

I thought an 'insider' in RTE said that Colm and Jim-Jim will remain but will have different slots??

I also heard a press conference was called for today?? I think it will be on tomorrow..

The Fame wrote: »
    I thought an 'insider' in RTE said that Colm and Jim-Jim will remain but will have different slots??

I also heard a press conference was called for today?? I think it will be on tomorrow..

Schedule will be announced tomorrow and I believe there is a photoshoot not sure it will be full on press conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Schedule will be announced tomorrow and I believe there is a photoshoot not sure it will be full on press conference.

I for one certainly hope that Hector stays far far away from the 2fm schedule.

It's bad enough to hear him on the weekends; nevermind during breakfast!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I heard Radio Norwich is interested in Jim Jim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

RTE management decide theyre not good enough to have a show together so what do they do? Give them a show each!!

You gotta love the Montrose way of thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

rovert wrote: »
    I heard Radio Norwich is interested in Jim Jim.

AHH HA,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Damian Farrelly 5-7
    Hector 7-9
    Tubridy 9-11
    Colm Hayes 11-1
    Larry Gogan 1-2
    Rick O'Shea 2-4 or 4.30
    Will Leahy 4 or 4.30 -7
    Dave Fanning 7-9
    Jenny Huston 9-11
    Dan Hegarty 11-1

If AllForOne's line up is correct, and i believe it is, it looks like 2FM will be staying in the doldrums for the forseeable future.
    Annoying King Muck Ass from 7-9 followed by Dublin 4 Young Fogey from 9-11. How the hell is this going to build a sustainable audience?
    Do you think there'll be a coherent music policy from early morning till lunchtime?
    Doesn't really matter, as the death of Gerry Ryan (RIP) will be the excuse as the once mighty 2FM continues it's long, slow fade out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Right so when is this line up supposed to be announced and commence?

If AllForOne's line up is correct, and i believe it is, it looks like 2FM will be staying in the doldrums for the forseeable future.
    Annoying King Muck Ass from 7-9 followed by Dublin 4 Young Fogey from 9-11. How the hell is this going to build a sustainable audience?
    Do you think there'll be a coherent music policy from early morning till lunchtime?
    Doesn't really matter, as the death of Gerry Ryan (RIP) will be the excuse as the once mighty 2FM continues it's long, slow fade out.

If that's the line up Dooley, Tighe etc must be heading to Mitchells in the IFSC for the good champers already!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Yes indeed, what a launch gift for Nova. If their music is right, they can have a piece of the crumbling edifice of 2FM.

I think that the line up is being announced today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Majestic 12

It looks like Jim Jim is gone from 2FM for good. He just posted this on his Facebook page: http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6944009/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Pretty unfunny post...well suited to Jim Jim...

Tis a shame. RIP James James!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭prunudo

So was there an annoucement today, had a quick look on the 2fm website and there are still links on it for both the Colm & Jimjim show and the Jimjim and paddy show:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

jvan wrote: »
    So was there an annoucement today, had a quick look on the 2fm website and there are still links on it for both the Colm & Jimjim show and the Jimjim and paddy show:confused:

No, it will be announced tomorrow.

Rubik. wrote: »
    No, it will be announced tomorrow.

I'm slightly nervous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Fago! wrote: »
    I'm slightly nervous!
    why? are you a 2fm dj?

GSF wrote: »
    why? are you a 2fm dj?

Think I'd be posting here if I was?!?!?!?

No, I'm nervous that it's gonna be complete cack, and what little faith and belief I had in 2fm will be flushed down the toilet like a hangover poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I have to say I''m not surprised he's gone. I believe he resigned today. Sad really because whatever happens he was never given a chance. Loved the youtube video though LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

bbability wrote: »
    I have to say I''m not surprised he's gone. I believe he resigned today.

Is that not just a publicity stunt so the papers are full of it in the morning as a warm up to the new schedule press conference at 2pm?;) Do you think he'd commit career suicide by posting what he did on facebook if it was true? It would put others off hiring him and his numbers have been bombing so he's not a big attraction for another operator. Only as good as your last book?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭prunudo

I don't know what to make of that youtube clip. He never thanked Colm Hayes. And he thanked the same women (I think they were his producers) as he did last friday.

Suppose only time will tell.

jvan wrote: »
    I don't know what to make of that youtube clip. He never thanked Colm Hayes. And he thanked the same women (I think they were his producers) as he did last friday.

Suppose only time will tell.

Sorry the link didn't work so I edited it out.

But you know you are right. Lets wait and find out tomorrow officially. (Unofficially he's says on his facebook that he's gone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

bbability wrote: »
    I have to say I''m not surprised he's gone. I believe he resigned today. Sad really because whatever happens he was never given a chance. Loved the youtube video though LOL
    He's there,what, three years? How long should a chance be? Or am I misunderstanding you?:confused:

• Advertisement

It looks like Jim Jim is gone from 2FM for good. He just posted this on his Facebook page: http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6944009/

*Drives to Dundee in his bare feet*

I would not be suprised if it was a publicity stunt! Although according the newspaper review on Vincent Browne, the story is in one of the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

JimJim: So appalling; they named him twice.

Followed up by another triumph of judgment from the Fianna Fail gauleiters in Montrose:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0818/1224277071566.html

Informed sources said it would be comedian and broadcaster Hector Ó hEochagáin, who co-hosts a Saturday morning show on 2fm with Meath comedian Tommy Tiernan. They were brought in by new 2fm head John McMahon in one of his first acts in charge.

uvox wrote: »
    JimJim: So appalling; they named him twice.

Followed up by another triumph of judgment from the Fianna Fail gauleiters in Montrose:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0818/1224277071566.html

Informed sources said it would be comedian and broadcaster Hector Ó hEochagáin, who co-hosts a Saturday morning show on 2fm with Meath comedian Tommy Tiernan. They were brought in by new 2fm head John McMahon in one of his first acts in charge.

But isn’t his whole shtick based around jokey winks? How does that work on radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mattyhislop

I'll be sad to see Jim Jim leave. I thought he & Colm would get back together once the Colm & Lucy show came to an end. Been listening to those two since their FM104 days. Always a good laugh in the mornings. The Strawberry Alarm Clock was a great show.

As for Hector between 7-9, I'll be switching from that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Why isn't Colm sticking with Jim Jim and leaving too - that in my opinion is very disappointing - they're a double act and now RTE have managed to break them up. Colm should grow a pair and leave too.

Couldn't agree more. 98fm is lying in waiting if Dermot and save are off to drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

RTE - great for headhunting, poaching then breaking up successful duos and leaving careers in the dumpster for the local stations to feed off!

Sorry to see Jim going. IMO they never really recreated what they had on FM104 after they moved. I suppose the difference between a national audience and a Dublin audience could explain some of that.

I see Hector being mentioned as a possible replacement, I love his Saturday morning show with Tommy Tiernan but I dont think I would listen to it 5 days a week. I think he could find it difficult to keep it fresh enough to keep an audience listening.
    deelite wrote: »
    Why isn't Colm sticking with Jim Jim and leaving too - that in my opinion is very disappointing - they're a double act and now RTE have managed to break them up. Colm should grow a pair and leave too.

I agreee with the sentiment but you can't really blame Colm for sticking with the job in the current climate, I assume he has bills to pay like the rest of us.

There may alse be other stuff goinig on in the background that we are not aware of, peopele who work well together on a professional level do not necessarily have a good personal relationship.

• Advertisement

This is covered by a lot of newspapers today
    The Muppet wrote: »
    I see Hector being mentioned as a possible replacement, I love his Saturday morning show with Tommy Tiernan but I dont think I would listen to it 5 days a week. I think he could find it difficult to keep it fresh enough to keep an audience listening.

Im sure he has plenty of ancedotes about second class with Tommy.

Guys first things first. The bb mistake was John Clarke poaching the strawbs from 104. they had a Dublin humour which I and many more said wouldn't work on 2fm

Jim Nugent was always Colm's foil but I never saw any evidence he could host a show by himself. Producer may have been his forte. As for C Hayes leaving - why ? He doesn't owe Jim anything. he did getvhim into rte!

Hector on breekkie ? Jesus what are they on in Montrose. First Lucy now Hector . I won't be listening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

The Muppet wrote: »

I agreee with the sentiment but you can't really blame Colm for sticking with the job in the current climate, I assume he has bills to pay like the rest of us.

There may alse be other stuff goinig on in the background that we are not aware of, peopele who work well together on a professional level do not necessarily have a good personal relationship.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from - but they are more bankable together - plus now I feel that Colm sold Jim down the swannie. We all have bills to pay but I'd never sell a business partner (if I had one) out to pay them - I'd never be able to sleep at night.

Also somewhere in the back of my mind is a comment made by the pair when they first joined 2FM saying they were a pair and would never be separated - if one went so would the other and I think they mentioned Chris Evans and Gabby Roslin saying that situation would never arise. (Gabby told Chris if he left the Big Breakfast she too would follow - he left and she stayed.....)

If Colm's show lasts long I'd be very amazed and that's karma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

sorry wrong video, where is his rant I want to see his rant :) What else is the Internet for but for people to rant.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from - but they are more bankable together - plus now I feel that Colm sold Jim down the swannie. We all have bills to pay but I'd never sell a business partner (if I had one) out to pay them - I'd never be able to sleep at night.

Also somewhere in the back of my mind is a comment made by the pair when they first joined 2FM saying they were a pair and would never be separated - if one went so would the other and I think they mentioned Chris Evans and Gabby Roslin saying that situation would never arise. (Gabby told Chris if he left the Big Breakfast she too would follow - he left and she stayed.....)

If Colm's show lasts long I'd be very amazed and that's karma.

Colm Hayes was very succesful long before Jim joined 104. Jim always needed Colm but not vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

Guys guys guys. Hang on a minute. Colm is around longer correct. Who can I ask you is on all the songs, all the calls, all the piss takes? Jim Nugent, not Colm. So I'll let you all work out who the real talent is. Sure Jim might need a 'jock' with him but he's the creative.

• Advertisement

Btr wrote: »
    Colm Hayes was very succesful long before Jim joined 104. Jim always needed Colm but not vice versa

That's true about Colm, I think Jim is very talented in his own right too, I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to 104 and be successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Now that Jim Jim is gone, I have a sneaking suspicion that Colm Hayes will become the Simon Bates of 2fm - MOR/AOR jock doing "Our Song" segments and Sunday morning slots - maybe even doing John Clarkes show.

He not exactly the "down with the kids,innit? " type, is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

If they replace him with Hector I won't be listening. He shouts way too much, my morning brain won't be able to hack it.

I like Paddy, why don't they just leave him there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭mejane

Very sad to see Jim go. Cant figure out was he sacked or did he walk?

I always listened to Colm & Jim on FM104 & really enjoyed the show. When they moved to 2fm I moved with them. Since they have been seperated it hasnt been the same at all, I think they work best together.

Now theres no more Colm & Jim I wont be listening to 2FM anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement