Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jim Jim denies rift [Article]

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! I cannot stand this guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 colmbie

Well that's me finished with 2FM. JimJim was the real talent on the breakfast show, I'm sure he'll turn up somewhere else soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

Just once they dont put Lucy Kennedy back on, she was the worst presenter ever on 2fm... her language and constant cackling (laughing)
    at the wrong moments was unbelievable. May she never return to radio !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

reeta wrote: »
    Just once they dont put Lucy Kennedy back on, she was the worst presenter ever on 2fm... her language and constant cackling (laughing)
    at the wrong moments was unbelievable. May she never return to radio !!!

She is on the new line up. Weekend breakfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

She is on the new line up. Weekend breakfast

Yup, her & Baz!!!
    WEEKENDS ON 2
    Baz and Lucy Show
    Baz Ashmawy and Lucy Kennedy bring their winning formula to 2fm's weekend breakfast as the dynamic duo wake up your weekends with more madness than is strictly necessary. Featuring the best tunes anywhere, more laughs than a pack of hyenas and more energy than a triple espresso, Lucy and Baz will shake up your Saturday mornings and set up your Sundays in a brand-new weekend breakfast show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

WEEKENDS ON 2
    Baz and Lucy Show
    Baz Ashmawy and Lucy Kennedy bring their winning formula to 2fm's weekend breakfast as the dynamic duo wake up your weekends with more madness than is strictly necessary. Featuring the best tunes anywhere, more laughs than a pack of hyenas and more energy than a triple espresso, Lucy and Baz will shake up your Saturday mornings and set up your Sundays in a brand-new weekend breakfast show.

Who the F wrote that article? Fago? (Only kiddin Fago!!;)) It's woeful stuff for a press release though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sundaypapers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Who the F wrote that article? Fago? (Only kiddin Fago!!;)) It's woeful stuff for a press release though.

Thanx Lenny :rolleyes:

Listen I may post gibberish all the time and not really know what I'm on about ever..... Wait, where am I going with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Philsopher wrote: »

Colm....Jim Jim....who cares?? They're both rubbish. Examples of the worst kind of smug DJ's who think they're "crazy" and "hilarious" when they are neither when the reality is their boring and seriously unfunny. Other prime examples include Ray Foley and Tony Fenton.

2FM is a relic of a station that is stuck in the 1980's. It has not moved with the times, it's format and presenters (many of whom are still there from pretty much beginning) sound dated, bland and tired. Even the playlists at times sound like you're stuck in 1985. That station needs an outsider to come in and clear it out from top to bottom and start all over again. As it stands, they seem to move seats every few months or year or so. As the national broadcaster, it is shocking. They have to make to choice to either rebrand, repackage and remarket the whole thing or shut it down as it serves no purpose as it stands.

Wow, I completely disagree and then agree! I think Colm is definitely guilty of being "zany, wacky!" Jim-jim has a much more modern, down to earth humour, really enjoyed listening to him.

Regarding RTE, you're spot on. I think BBC Radio 1 had a revolutionary clear-out of the old 80's cheesballs - back in the mid-90's. On the RTE equivalent, 2fm, it's 2010 and the naff old men are still doing their thing, amazing!!! Every couple of years they pretend to revolutionise the RTE, but all they do is shuffle the deck and change the timeslots of the eternal has-beens.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Closing this off as it has gone off topic

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement