Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi Phone on Pre pay

Options
  • 11-08-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Which would you get between the LG Optimus and Nokia E63. Want a wifi phone but can't justify the expense of the iphone, want to atick with metoer too! Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

joey54 wrote: »
    Which would you get between the LG Optimus and Nokia E63. Want a wifi phone but can't justify the expense of the iphone, want to atick with metoer too! Cheers.

I'd definitely go for the e63, haven't used the Optimus, and that is a great price for an Android phone, but any LG I have ever used has been rubbish

The e63 is great for emails / Facebook chat etc with the qwerty keyboard, and gets great reviews.

Check out adverts.ie also, could pick up something like a Blackberry or Nokia 5800 for that price there

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

I'd definitely go for the e63, haven't used the Optimus, and that is a great price for an Android phone, but any LG I have ever used has been rubbish

The e63 is great for emails / Facebook chat etc with the qwerty keyboard, and gets great reviews.

Check out adverts.ie also, could pick up something like a Blackberry or Nokia 5800 for that price there

Thanks, I'm leaning towards to the nokia. Only thing that was putting me off it was the size but if I was to get something like an Iphone it would be that size anyway!

I'll go into a shop and see if I can play with a working model of the phone, that should help make up my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Prabhu Deva

e63 is a great phone, try to get one unlocked though. they dont cost significantly more and get the Nokia VoiP client set up so you can call over wifi too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

e63 is a great phone, try to get one unlocked though.

They can be unlocked for a tenner so its not a deal breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Nokia 5800s go for under 100 on adverts.ie, could check this out too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

My son bought this one http://www.xtravision.ie/phone/281474/meteor-nokia-5530.aspx for €140 after trading an old phone...has wifi.

Advertisement