Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big changes afoot??

• 11-08-2010 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

So Nova launches at the end of the month and will announce their new lineup this weekend. 2FM announces their new schedule next Wednesday. If the rumours are true these changes and new lineups will mean big changes at other stations too. So who's going where??

I believe 2FM will have a new breakfast show, Tubbers is on 9-11, Colm Hayes (allegedly) is on lunchtime? Larry in the afternoon? Will Leahy staying where he is? Jim Jim at night?

I believe Greg Gaughran is going to Nova so that leaves vacancies at East Coast and Country Mix. Who's going to those slots?

Pat Courtenay and Greg Gaughran will be on Nova..., Who else?

Answers on a postcard please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

So Nova launches at the end of the month and will announce their new lineup this weekend. 2FM announces their new schedule next Wednesday. If the rumours are true these changes and new lineups will mean big changes at other stations too. So who's going where??

I believe 2FM will have a new breakfast show, Tubbers is on 9-11, Colm Hayes (allegedly) is on lunchtime? Larry in the afternoon? Will Leahy staying where he is? Jim Jim at night?

I believe Greg Gaughran is going to Nova so that leaves vacancies at East Coast and Country Mix. Who's going to those slots?

Pat Courtenay and Greg Gaughran will be on Nova..., Who else?

That wouldn't be too bad tbh. 'cept replace Larry the corpse Gogan with Rick O Shea and Leahy with Brian McColl.

What's happening to one Richard O Shea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Fago! wrote: »
    That wouldn't be too bad tbh. 'cept replace Larry the corpse Gogan with Rick O Shea and Leahy with Brian McColl.
    Why is everyone so harsh on Larry? The man produces and presents excellent no nonsense radio. Some of the quiz answers are legendary too!
    What's happening to one Richard O Shea?
    Oh, I'm sure they'll find him job somewhere out there with Charley Bird, George Lee, Philip Bouche Hayes and all the other spare presenters they have. They must have enough leftover staff for another few stations at least.

Why is everyone so harsh on Larry? The man produces and presents excellent no nonsense radio. Some of the quiz answers are legendary too!

That's what he's missing. ;)
    Oh, I'm sure they'll find him job somewhere out there with Charley Bird, George Lee, Philip Bouche Hayes and all the other spare presenters they have. They must have enough leftover staff for another few stations at least.

Shame :( Rick is talent in a bowtie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Shame :( Rick is talent in a bowtie.
    Yeah. The problem is that they tried turning him (and his show) into a clone of Ray Foley (and his show) and it just isn't working. I don't see why they are chasing Today FM so much. Remember when 2FM used blaze the trail and the others followed? Although, a certain Willie O'Reilly was presiding over most of the trail blazing and he blazed it all the way to Today FM!

Yeah. The problem is that they tried turning him (and his show) into a clone of Ray Foley (and his show) and it just isn't working. I don't see why they are chasing Today FM so much. Remember when 2FM used blaze the trail and the others followed? Although, a certain Willie O'Reilly was presiding over most of the trail blazing and he blazed it all the way to Today FM!

Yeah not impressed with Rick's new format. He's top form on his own, he don't need no sidekicks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Larry Gogan
    Gay Byrne
    Pat Kenny

:D

Advertisement