Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Info about someone starting a 3 day week.

• 11-08-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭

Someone I know will be going on a 3 day week. They are going to be signing on the dole for the other days. But they have been told that instead of being able to claim 3 dole days, they will now only be able to claim 2. This is suppose to be a new thing out because of the cutbacks, but it will only affect new people starting a 3 day week. They won't get paid for the Saturday.
    I said I would ask on their behalf on this board, so hopefully someone will have heard about this. I couldn't find anything on the social welfare site.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

Graceland wrote: »
    Someone I know will be going on a 3 day week. They are going to be signing on the dole for the other days. But they have been told that instead of being able to claim 3 dole days, they will now only be able to claim 2. This is suppose to be a new thing out because of the cutbacks, but it will only affect new people starting a 3 day week. They won't get paid for the Saturday.
    I said I would ask on their behalf on this board, so hopefully someone will have heard about this. I couldn't find anything on the social welfare site.[/QUO
    This is not a new thing. If a person has been working full time for a while and their employer reduces their days they can sign on for the days they dont work this is called systematic short time work. If they work for 3 days they get paid for two or if they work two days they get paid for 3. However their daily rate is higher for example the daily rate for a single person on full rate benefit is 196 this is divided by six to give a daily rate of 32.66 so if they work three days they receive 98.00 if they are on short time their daily rate is 196 divided by 5 = 39.20 per day which would be 78.40. Also jobseekers benefit is taxable but short time payment is not taxable. Also their benefit will last longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

Thanks for explaining it to me. I didn't release this wasn't a new thing. I appreciate you explaining it in detail.

Advertisement