Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Forecasts This Weekend

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Actually was wondering if it's worth my while going down to lahinch this weekend? I was reading http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=47735 but couldn't understand it tbh.

Only ever go down once every couple of months so not too well up on what's what. In laois btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

Not unless you want to sit in O'Looneys and watch the storm from there. You won't / shouldn't be surfing anyway!
    Actually was wondering if it's worth my while going down to lahinch this weekend? I was reading http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=47735 but couldn't understand it tbh.

Only ever go down once every couple of months so not too well up on what's what. In laois btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

will3k wrote: »
    Not unless you want to sit in O'Looneys and watch the storm from there. You won't / shouldn't be surfing anyway!

Cheers man - saved me some petrol money which is about to make a quick conversion to beer money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Bit of wind knocking about...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I was down in Lahinch a few months back on beer drinking related business, it was a Monday night, very very windy. I recall the doors in O Looneys blowing in and they were at the other side of the building, the sheltered side! It was a great night for being by the fire drinking porter......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

As a general rule of thumb on windguru, if the colour codes for windspeed are red or purple then forget about it. It'll be blowing dogs off chains.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As soon as I unsticky the thread it picks up again, wouldn't ya just know it. :p I guess nobody saw it when it was stickied.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭slimgsi

Anyone know what it's like in Donegal for the weekend??

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

slimgsi wrote: »
    Anyone know what it's like in Donegal for the weekend??
    Looks like its gonna be a wild one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Decos wrote: »
    Looks like its gonna be a wild one!
    large swell, strong nw winds 20 knots++ unless you know somer where sheltered forget it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

SW is a better option if your travelling for some surf...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

stevire wrote: »
    SW is a better option if your travelling for some surf...

You sure about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

rodento wrote: »
    You sure about that...

Unless slimgsi know's some sheltered spots around W/NW then I would recommend heading SW. Inchydoney will probably be decent this weekend, but lahinch will be muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

There's a really big swell due in tomorrow from the north west and west, its coming in from a north westerly direction and the wind is perfect for a few spots portsallon "supertubes" or tullah bay, just outside clonmany, although with a sweel that size and the fairly strong wind, tullah can be dangerous. Those winds can push you out far in a fairly short time in tullah.

went to rosnowlagh today, waste of time. anyone know any sheltered spots for tomoro? only get surfing weekends and im sure u al know how frustrating it is to not get a decent surf in...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

slimgsi wrote: »
    went to rosnowlagh today, waste of time. anyone know any sheltered spots for tomoro? only get surfing weekends and im sure u al know how frustrating it is to not get a decent surf in...

where in donegal are you based? I could direct you to a few well known sheltered spots!

dave_brent wrote: »
    where in donegal are you based? I could direct you to a few well known sheltered spots!

pm'd

Advertisement