Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicotine patches

Options
  • 11-08-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has successfully given up smoking using patches? I have tried cold turkey numerous times and have done the Alan Carr course but have never managed to stay off them. I am now 2 weeks off using patches and wanted to hear other peoples experiences of using them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I tried the patches once, stayed off them for about 2 weeks. But to be honest, i didnt try very hard, and i wasnt ready to give up at that stage.

Ive given up cold turkey now becasue i didnt want nicotine in me anymore, i felt that the fags still had a hold on me if i was still taking nicotine.

But if they're working for you, keep going! Different things work for different people

Advertisement