Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.com username?

Options
  • 11-08-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was wondering if people on boards.ie are allowed to create a new user profile with the profile name being xxxinsertnameherexx.com or xxinsertnameherexx.ie?

i.i with a .com or .ie ending?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Strangly enough this topic is being discussed by admins this week due to a lot of new members signing up with .ie and .com addresses. Currently we have a handful of members with these type of names and haven't caused any problems so far.

The quick answer is that as of today there is no problem in having a URL as a nick. Where the problem lies is when your sole interaction with Boards.ie is when you want to promote your site/business. So if your nick is growing.ie and all you do is post in the gardening forum telling people about your services I think that you'll soon run into trouble and your nick will be changed for you.

Shaving.ie for example is a member who has a site of the same name and while they only really post in the Facial Hair forum (yes, it exists!) the advice they give is often useful and constructive and it's clear that they signed up here to do more than promote their business.

Advertisement