Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with old consoles?

Options
  • 11-08-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a bit of a spring clean at the moment and I'm wondering what to do with my old consoles.

I have a PS2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance etc.

I doubt they are worth very much now and rather than giving them to Oxfam or SVP I was wondering if there is anywhere that would want them?

I know there are charaties that collect old PCs and send them repaired to Africa etc. and was wondering if there was anything similar to that for consoles?

Would any Children's charaties even want them? I mean, would a kid have any interest playing on something that wasn't a PS3 or Wii i.e. current gen.?

I know I could always put them up on eBay or Adverts.ie but thught I check if there was any better way to make use of them.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

PM Sent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,922 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Arcade and retro forum ->

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=94

There are a big bunch of us over there who collect them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Stick them in a black sack and put them in the attic

You'll be glad of it when you take them down for a short play to show the kids in 10-15 years time :) , look what daddy used to play :P..none of your VR crap :P

I still enjoy taking down the ol Atari 2600 and Megadrive for a go every year or 2, then back up she goes

Advertisement