Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP: Missing Dog

Options
  • 11-08-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Good afternoon Folks.

Having lurked a little in recent times, I now find myself posting for the first time and seeking assistance; how predictable, eh?

Anyhow, if I've done it correctly I've attached a picture of two dogs. "Hettie" is the name of the smaller one on the left of the pic (with red collar on).

Hettie is missing from the Green Rd. area of Carlow town since lunchtime yesterday (Aug. 11th). She is 13 yrs old and has never wandered before. Her owners are currently out of the country and she was with relatives on Green Rd, an area she's is very familiar with.

We are doing all we can to ensure her safe return and have contacted local radio, Gardaí and the Pound. Posters are currently being made also

If anybody feels they may have seen her a P.M. would be very much appreciated.

A reward is being offered.

P.S. If anyone can give me the heads up on how to post the pic. I'd appreciate it also.

Thank you all.

10DFDC493B344AE3B812CD17236BDA92-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

OP, I've split the thread and added the image.
    I think you'll get more views/replies to a new thread.

PS: I'll keep an eye out for her. Hope you get her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

ShayK1

Thanks v much for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i will also keep a look out for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

It might be worth asking the guys that are working on green road at the moment if they seen her around.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

Hello to all again.

I'm delighted to report that I'm just back from ashanimalrescue in Co. Wicklow from where I picked Hettie up around noon.

As stated in the first post she was last seen on Green Rd. at lunchtime on Tuesday. It transpires that she was picked up by some very kind soul from the middle of the Portlaoise Rd. at about 4PM in an obviously confused / distressed state.

She was brought to Ash that evening. She since made made her T.V. debut on TV3's Ireland AM this morning and the rest as they say is history.

Thanks to ShayK1, foggy_lad and tommycahir for the replies and suggestions and also thanks to all who viewed and resolved to keep an eye out.

tom traubert's blues are cancelled for the rest of today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Ah that's excellent.
    I really hope that every lost dog ends up as the recent ones have done here..very surprising to see them rescued and returned..but great to hear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sage4me

Hiya Tommy,

Am delighted for you. We never realize how important Ash Animal Rescue are until we have to go collect one of our beloved pets.

As you would have seen from my post, I too collected Bob from there a few weeks ago after going missing for 5 days.

Am so glad you got her back. I know that feeling.. I know that any dog I see on the side of the road I will be collecting and bringing over there as Kharma :-)

Congrats...

Advertisement