Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk and Today FM

• 11-08-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Given that they share the same owner and facilities wouldn't it make sense that Willie O'Reilly and Tom Hardy should run Newstalk too? They made a huge success out of Today FM when it was struggling and could do the same with Newstalk.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Jesus Lenny stop making threads haha.

I'd say it's a tough enough job to run one station, let alone two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:p Lenny loves radio (and we're a lot livelier than a certain other board)

mike65 wrote: »

I know mike I was just messing.

We're alot friendlier too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

mike65 wrote: »
    ;) Indeed I do Mike!
    Fago! wrote: »
    I know mike I was just messing.

We're alot friendlier too.
    :D Oh I couldn't possibly comment on that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Frank Cronin has been Newstalk's CEO for nearly a year and a half now and I think its fair to say things haven't improved any. The fact that they haven't put their last 2 lots of JNLR figures up on their website says it all really.

• Advertisement

;) Indeed I do Mike!

:D Oh I couldn't possibly comment on that...

/aims shotgun

I thought he was there longer than that. It certainly hasn't improved. If anything it's worse. Shorter 'non repeated' hours. Big churning of staff. General lack of direction. Sad really. There's some great Talk stations around the world that they could take example from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 meeney78

I thought he was there longer than that. It certainly hasn't improved. If anything it's worse. Shorter 'non repeated' hours. Big churning of staff. General lack of direction. Sad really. There's some great Talk stations around the world that they could take example from.

agreed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Rubik. wrote: »
    Frank Cronin has been Newstalk's CEO for nearly a year and a half now and I think its fair to say things haven't improved any. The fact that they haven't put their last 2 lots of JNLR figures up on their website says it all really.
    Newstalk is a complete mess of a radio station. What is Cronin's history as a CEO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

robo wrote: »
    Newstalk is a complete mess of a radio station. What is Cronin's history as a CEO?

Even in it's depleted state, Newstalk is still the best station in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Mr. Cronin is Chartered Accountant I believe by profession. Is there any senior programme editor in Newstalk who comes from a broadcasting background or would that be too much to expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Newstalk was better before it went national imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Newstalk was better before it went national imo.

I agree with that - it was something different and interesting. You had presenters who interviewed people without trying to get their own agenda across. It seemed a more open forum.
    I think the worst thing they did was bring in big names. They shold have left it with new voices and names, fresh new talent than regurgitate the old ones!

Poly wrote: »
    Even in it's depleted state, Newstalk is still the best station in the country.
    Wow! Do you get to listen to many stations then? Radio 1 maybe or Today FM or even 2FM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Wow! Do you get to listen to many stations then? Radio 1 maybe or Today FM or even 2FM?

Radio 1 - yes, have you listened recently? B listers filling in for overpaid divas

Today FM- sometimes

2 FM - never

Yes cos there's great wordly discussion on Today Fm and 2FM during the day :rolleyes:

Advertisement