Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseboxos road to profit - NCAA/NFL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Phoenix Suns At Orlando Magic (-10) @ 1.83

This bet is just as much about the Suns as it is about the Magic as this will be the Suns 5th game in 7 days and then have just 1 day off before flying into Charlotte for a very winnable game. I think once and they should find themselves down a few baskets they won't push for it and will rest up for the game on Saturday. The Magic have had 4 days to prepare for this game and they have stepped up their D as late. The Suns don't really have the players to match up to them. I expect that Magic to improve on the 3 pointers tonight as they have been well under their average. The Suns also haven't really been clicking since the loss of Robin Lopez and there are rumors Nash might be rested for tonight. I just have a feeling of a break out game for Orlando here. The Suns know they should lose this and will probably be looking ahead to the game against the Bobcats.

Stake 25

I'll probably take the half time spread as well when it opens up on PP. Probably be around the 5 or 6 mark.

EDIT

Phoenix Suns At Orlando Magic (-5.5 1st half) @ 1.83

Stake 15

You fúcking **** clippers. Someone needs to tell them the object of this game is to put it in the basket. Not hit the front rim.

At least the Magic are playing as i expected. The Suns look like they have given up already. Even sitting Richardson on the bench. Eyes look firmly ahead to Saturday. Gonna see what the second half spread and line is for it.

Phoenix Suns (+27.5) At Orlando Magic @ 1.90

Orlando will probably pull starters and the Suns have come out trying to make a comeback hitting some nice 3's. Think it might continue for a while, quiten down and then when Orlando pulls it's starters they cover the spread of around 18-22 points.

Stake 25

The 3 bets on the Magic game come in. I love when a game plays out exactly how you thought. If only every game that appears to have a script would follow it. So only a euro loss on the day. Coulda been a lot worse.

Balance 3456.06
    Profit 2906.06

Went in on Coughlan's double in the horses since he seems to have a lot of luck with them.

Watamu Bay @ 1.33 ( 1:50 Exeter)
    Aegean Dawn @ 1.57 (3:55 Ascot)

Stake 26.06

• Advertisement

Forgot to stick this one up that i took last night.

Bohemians 1905 v FC Viktoria Plzen @ 1.80
    Legia Warsaw v Arka Gdynia @ 1.50

Love betting on Plzen as they are a team that just gets the job done. They aren't considered the best team in the Czech Republic but they have been this season and they still sit top of the table. Bohemians are a defensive unit with not much of a goal threat and will probably put up a fight and keep Plzen out till the second half. But eventually Plzen's quality should show and they should win.

Legia are the better team and need a game like this to bounce back after their loss last week. Arka are also a defensive team that don't score much and will probably take a while to break through. But Legia's class should get them the win here.

Stake 25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Forgot to stick this one up that i took last night.

Bohemians 1905 v FC Viktoria Plzen @ 1.80
    Legia Warsaw v Arka Gdynia @ 1.50

Love betting on Plzen as they are a team that just gets the job done. They aren't considered the best team in the Czech Republic but they have been this season and they still sit top of the table. Bohemians are a defensive unit with not much of a goal threat and will probably put up a fight and keep Plzen out till the second half. But eventually Plzen's quality should show and they should win.

Legia are the better team and need a game like this to bounce back after their loss last week. Arka are also a defensive team that don't score much and will probably take a while to break through. But Legia's class should get them the win here.

Stake 25

Went with this myself, hoping to increase my funds for tomorrow.

Just back home and i see Plzen are losing 1-0. Still early but that is quite a shock.

Think it finished that way, ah well...

Yeah finished 1-0. Wasn't watching the game but Plzen must have played ****e. The result was just as much as surprise as Sunderland beating Chelsea.

PP gave me a free tenner bet that i have to use in one go on a single. Don't know why they gave it to me as they already gave me a 2 euro bet as well. Maybe it coincided with my horse bet today. They are trying to lure me into another market. Think i'll use it on some longshot. Might wait for a team to be losing tomorrow and then stick it on them to win.

EDIT

Ah i see a message from them now. Something about a banker blow out, rooney and hookers and barcelona drawing in Copenhagen resulted in a free tenner for me.

• Advertisement

Gone for a few doubles in the nba tonight. I liked all these selections and i used a program to just draw them out in pairs as i couldn't really put 2 together myself. Firday night is usually a night that the public gets killed in the NBA. So i have gone for a lot of under dogs plus the points. So i'll be hoping a lot of the favorites don't cover the spread tonight. Just trying this out to see if it's profitable and only staking a fiver on each.

Oklahoma City Thunder At Boston Celtics (Under 196) @ 1.90
    Milwaukee Bucks At Philadelphia 76ers (+4) @ 1.90

Los Angeles Lakers At Minnesota Timberwolves (+9.5) @ 1.90
    New York Knicks At Golden State Warriors (-3.5) @ 1.90

New York Knicks At Golden State Warriors (GSW over 111.5) @ 1.90
    Los Angeles Lakers At Minnesota Timberwolves (Under 216) @ 1.90

Oklahoma City Thunder At Boston Celtics (Celtics under 102.5) @ 1.90
    New York Knicks At Golden State Warriors (Knicks over 108) @ 1.90

Charlotte Bobcats (+11.5) At Miami Heat @ 1.90
    New Jersey Nets (+3.5) At Sacramento Kings @ 1.90

Oklahoma City Thunder (+8.5) At Boston Celtics @ 1.90
    New York Knicks At Golden State Warriors (Over 220) @ 1.90

New Jersey Nets At Sacramento Kings (Over 196.5) @ 1.90
    Chicago Bulls (+2.5 1st half) At Dallas Mavericks @ 1.90

Stake 5 on each

Fresno State (+30.5) At Boise State @ 1.90

Boise are a big public team as they are 9-0 and have blown a few teams out. But i think this Fresno team will be one of their hardest opponents of recent times. And the bookies inflated the spread a bit to get people on Boise. But Boise usually pull their starters in the 4th and have let a few teams in for a back door cover. I think that will happen tonight as Fresno can score against Boise. It's gonna be cold so the weather may play a part for the visitors. But i think they can keep the game closer than 30 points due to their offensive weapons. They have kept it a lot closer than tonights spread in recent games against Boise.

Stake 25

Fresno State At Boise State (Over 66) @ 1.90

For the reasons stated above i think this game goes over. Fresno should be capable of putting maybe 3 td's on the board. And boise should win by 20 odd points. This should bring in the overs. Of course cold weather games can be a bit low scoring when the ball gets hard. But i'll risk it.

Stake 15

Fresno State At Boise State (-17 1st half) @ 1.83

Boise usually start off strong and rack up the points. Then slow down a bit. I'm thinking they follow the same pattern tonight. Ahead by 3 td's at the half and Fresno covers the spread in the 2nd.

Stake 20

Singles on the NBA might have been better. I got 10 out of 14 on them. But 4 of the doubles came in outta 7. If only the Nets game had of went over and they covered the spread it would have been 6 from 7. Still goes to show Friday is a slaughter for the public bets. A lot of games are only regressing back to the mean now too so stats should start to play a bigger role. A lot of the big high scoring games are evening out now.

The Boise game went how i feared it may have it the cold weather. Fresno just didn't get anything going in the second half at all and Boise went for style points to run up the score. The first half bet came in though.

Still small profit on the day. Winning a good few most days but the losers are eating into that profit. Getting closer to the 3K mark though.

Balance 3474.15
    Profit 2924.15

off topic I know but do you get many free bets off PP? I have been backing with them for yrs yet I have never gotten a bean off them. Maybe my stakes are too low.

The free 10 euro bets are rare. Think this is my 4th one since i joined over 2 years ago. But the 2 euro ones on the games section are every few weeks or months. Honestly don't know what qualifies for getting them. Maybe it's a certain amount of bets in a certain period of time and they just try give some incentive to keep your business.

Below is the message they sent me bout it anyways.

Tis a funny old game football, isn't it? Except when your sure thing plays so poorly that you start to rewatch England's World Cup matches just to be entertained. It's not quite so funny then. Which is why we're going to try and raise your spirits a little with a free bet. It may not make up for Barcelona's showing against Copenhagen but it will give you a chance to get back to winning ways.

They way they've been playing since Pep Guardiola has taken over, thinking of Barcelona losing is like seeing a picture of Wayne Rooney and not wondering how those hookers didn't charge him even more. It's just difficult to get your head around. Still it does happen and with the Classico coming up they may have their minds elsewhere this weekend, so makeextra sure before using your free bet.

Enjoy!

The team at Paddy Power

2 small doubles on the early games.

Oklahoma State (-24) At Kansas @ 1.90
    Virginia At Boston College (-7.5) @ 1.90

Stake 10

Purdue At Michigan State (-19.5) @ 1.90
    Northern Illinois (-15) At Ball State @ 1.90

Stake 10

In play bet.

Wisconsin (-5) At Michigan @ 1.90

Stake 50

Not sure why that was -5. Wisconsin were on the Michigan 20 when i took it and were 7 up.

EDIT

Here's the screenshot just to show that the -5 was up.

betae.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

In play bet.

Wisconsin (-5) At Michigan @ 1.90

Stake 50

Not sure why that was -5. Wisconsin were on the Michigan 20 when i took it and were 7 up.

well its -11 now,i wouldnt be suprised if they voided it,thats if they win...:rolleyes:

coughlan08 wrote: »
    well its -11 now,i wouldnt be suprised if they voided it,thats if they win...:rolleyes:

Doubt they'll void it. I didn't realize they had just come off a 3rd and 15 when i took it. PP are very slow to react to scores at times in American sports. Especially in the basketball. Don't know how many times i have seen their handicap or over/under off by a few points. I'd only take bets at those times if i was watching the game though.

Illinois At Northwestern (+8) @ 1.90

Stake 15

Ohio State (-3) At Iowa @ 1.90

Stake 25

• Advertisement

Wisconsin cover the spread and i got a push on the Ohio game. The others lost.

Balance 3484.60
    Profit 2934.60

Golden State Warriors (+12) At Los Angeles Lakers @ 1.90

Lakers back home after 3 road wins and covering the spread. They blew GSW out the last time they met but i see this game being a bit closer. GSW are just off a loss themselves and usually teams come out and go hard after that. Can't see the Lakers being too concerned in this game and may underestimate them a bit. A lot of money coming in on the Lakers but i'm gonna guess that the bookies clean up on this game. The public have been getting killed since Friday in the NBA.

Stake 30

Also leaning towards the Giants later in the NFL. Currently +3.5 @ 1.96. Vick and the Eagles had an unbelieavable game last week and destroyed the Redskins. BUt i just don't see that happening again this season. Especially back to back. The Giants lost to Dallas and when you put the 2 last games together i think you get a lot of overreaction. Probably cliche to say i think the overs will hit too but i think they will. Probably most of the TD's coming in the second half.

Will most like make an in play bet on the above game though.

Broncos at Chargers (Over 50.5)

Stake 150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

best of luck with the above bet,have no money to match that bet as im finished. your prob very confident as i havent seen you use a stake that high before,well not that often anyway... have you and good stream,might stay up to watch.
    thanks

http://www.firstrow.net/watch/38429/2/watch-san-diego-chargers-vs-denver-broncos.html

Yeah quite confident in it. 2 highly offensive teams with not that great defenses. 14 points in the first quarter is a good start anyways.

I haven't staked that much in a while. Most of my big stakes were in play GAA bets. But none of them till next year. Think i might start limiting my amount of bets and increase the stakes a bit on bets i'm confident on.

Yis Bronco bastards. Don't see this going over. Denver just haven't got anything going on offense since their first drive. And San Diego have already been running the ball since half way through the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Yis Bronco bastards. Don't see this going over. Denver just haven't got anything going on offense since their first drive. And San Diego have already been running the ball since half way through the 3rd.

Pissing me off too. It's a one team game and that team are already sufficiently in front so as not to bother anymore. FFS.

Chargers false start on purpose and then run the ball on 3rd and 13 at the 40 yard line. Orton comes in and doesn't look interested at all. Can't believe the Chargers have been trying to run down the clock since mid way through the 3rd. Rivers must have only 2 throws since then. Does my head considering they are a pass team and were well up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Chargers false start on purpose and then run the ball on 3rd and 13 at the 40 yard line. Orton comes in and doesn't look interested at all. Can't believe the Chargers have been trying to run down the clock since mid way through the 3rd. Rivers must have only 2 throws since then. Does my head considering they are a pass team and were well up.

It's outrageous. They're not even trying.

Just put 100 on Magic -2 in play bet. On a phone in Chicago. It went through but wonder if they will cop the american ip address since i'm not supposed to be using my account over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Just put 100 on Magic -2 in play bet. On a phone in Chicago. It went through but wonder if they will cop the american ip address since i'm not supposed to be using my account over here.

Very nice. Excellent game up until the last minute or so which took about 15mins to play. What odds did you get?

Advertisement